I Am a Huge MMA Fan BUT I wish...

As an MMA fan, what do you wish you can see happen in the sport for you to enjoy it even more?

Think of this as a mock suggestion box.

For me, I wish we could see some out-of-weight class matches. For example, Gerard Mousasi (205) vs. Brock Lesnar (265). Think back to the old days (Bohlander-Ferozzo). There were some intriguing match-ups. I miss the whole mystique of not knowing what would happen (in inter-weight class bouts) between fighter A and B. I realize this would likely never come into fruition because the athletic comission would never go for it, but that is the one thing I wish for. How about you guys?

Edit: I would take Mousasi beating Lesnar, btw!

Nothin wrong with a good freak show every once in a while.

Foundation - Nothin wrong with a good freak show every once in a while.

no stand ups

no rules

with all these rules and short rounds its turning into a sparring match a lot of times now. It was never meant to go from fighting to a mixed martial arts sport

will continue to weaken

I wish we could get some consistency from the judges.

Outcardio'ing him to a TKO.

Bill Pharoni - I wish we could get some consistency from the judges.

+ 110000000000000000000000

head stomps in the USA

I agree with the original post and will add ...TOURNAMENTS!!!

I wish Genki Sudo would return.

inf0 - I love to see Geraldo vs Brock..

This guy??

Tournament formats are awesome, I'd love to see some happen in the american orgs. Single night tournaments won't be okay'd by the commission, but do it dream or bellator style. I think it'd be sweet

Bring back Ultimate, Ultimate tournys in the UFC. 8 guys with the best records, no weight class. Win 3 in one night.

Mousasi would get KO'd on the ground in the first round.

i would let women fight! it would be hilarious!!!!11

I hate mismatches.

TheMeatyLegend - Bring back Ultimate, Ultimate tournys in the UFC. 8 guys with the best records, no weight class. Win 3 in one night.
I YEARN for this!

Suggestion:

I like the current rules well enough but I wish they would have some matches where the only allowable techniques are fish hooks and eye gouges.

steverowbotham - Tournament formats are awesome, I'd love to see some happen in the american orgs. Single night tournaments won't be okay'd by the commission, but do it dream or bellator style. I think it'd be sweet

Tournament format wouldn't have to be in one night.

Start the season with 8-16 guys in each weight class; carry the tournament out through the year. At the end, one yearly championship.

Top four places for each division automatically entered in the next season's bracket; other four slots come from qualifier or undercard fights.

one word: naked

More superfights would kick ass. I'd also like to see the UFC be less insecure about losing their iron claw grip on mainstream MMA and do some co-promoting.

Bellator and Dream are as close as we're going to get to tournaments for a while.