I Am a Huge MMA Fan BUT I wish...

no kicks no takedowns

dan quinn

royal rumble

I'd just like to see more 5 rounders for non-title fights. The top guys can fight 5-rounds no problem. Liddell/Silva should have been a 5-rounder, for example.

I loved the Davis and Goliath matches myself. A true test of skill and warrior spirit.

Kocksuckio - Outcardio'ing him to a TKO.

Anyone carrying Lesnar's weight is going to be gassing quick. Let him try and win a title in his own weight class b4 going for the HW title.

I'd definitely put some money on that with you if that ever happened, Gannon.

And I have plenty more fantasy match-ups I'd like to see. For example, Georges St. Pierre vs. Kimbo Slice.

Jesus fucking christ@this thread.

Honkey Kong ragdolls Mousasi around like Steve Lattimer with a hardon.

Mousasi doesn't have a PRAYER against Lesnar.

GladiatorGannon - I loved the Davis and Goliath matches myself. A true test of skill and warrior spirit.

Sammy Davis?

This would never happen, but I would LOVE to see MMA have a full season like football or baseball, where all of the top fighters fight the other top fighters in a round-robin and the guy with the best record at the end of the season is the champ. Or the top 4 guys qualify for the "Superbowl".

I would actually prefer this to the king-of-the-hill model derived from boxing.

Tournaments are great fun, but they're so flukey.

I'd like to see Lesnar vs Bob Sapp. Or Karelin of course...

tryptophan - This would never happen, but I would LOVE to see MMA have a full season like football or baseball, where all of the top fighters fight the other top fighters in a round-robin and the guy with the best record at the end of the season is the champ. Or the top 4 guys qualify for the "Superbowl".

thats the genius of the gp format. You still have your champs, but you get the unpredictability (well not so unpredictable with Pride, but it could be) of matchups and conditions. Would love the UFC to run a gp.

I'd like to see multiple man matches. Like BJ Penn and Shawn Sherk team up to fight Brock Lesnar.

I agree with resurrecting the tournament format in a big US promo like UFC or SF....

also I'd like to see more theatrics and design like PRIDE....

tryptophan - This would never happen, but I would LOVE to see MMA have a full season like football or baseball, where all of the top fighters fight the other top fighters in a round-robin and the guy with the best record at the end of the season is the champ. Or the top 4 guys qualify for the "Superbowl".

This!