I am so sick of backstage politics

I like to watch fights. That is all.

Why do you pay attention to them?

"i dont like the taste of vanilla icream" as he eats a spoonfull of vanilla icecream.

Realistically I come from a normal sporting background in which it isn't normal for the majority of a fanbase to take everything their most powerful behind-the-scenes guy says at face value and to ignore blatant fanboyism in favor of actually enjoying the sport.

plastekt - Realistically I come from a normal sporting background in which it isn't normal for the majority of a fanbase to take everything their most powerful behind-the-scenes guy says at face value and to ignore blatant fanboyism in favor of actually enjoying the sport.

Normal sporting background?

You mean like the one in the NFL that tried to make it like the Steelers and Ravens hated each other?

The one that pushes the Red Sox and their beards?

Hyperbole is not new nor is it only a UFC thing. Phone Post

JeffersonDArcyChoke - 
plastekt - Realistically I come from a normal sporting background in which it isn't normal for the majority of a fanbase to take everything their most powerful behind-the-scenes guy says at face value and to ignore blatant fanboyism in favor of actually enjoying the sport.

Normal sporting background?

You mean like the one in the NFL that tried to make it like the Steelers and Ravens hated each other?

The one that pushes the Red Sox and their beards?

Hyperbole is not new nor is it only a UFC thing. Phone Post

Please. Those all have supported rivalries at a local and vehement level for decades. Look at individual sports and how they're covered for a comparison. They cover individual sports and the rivalries happen organically. The way the UFC handles it is if the US Open came out and called the French Open for being gay while the fanbase harassed Sloane Stephens for not having a bigger ass than Serena Williams. When you look bad in comparison to Tennis, which is the most unreasonably racially charged sport filled with the most offensive fanbase and you still look like shit in comparison, then there's a bit of imagework available.