I am tired of shogun and BJ penn....

I have supported them for years but I am dead tired of them.

They have the chance to live a great fantastic life being fighters and living of that....and they do not act the correct way. I garantee you in 20 years they will look back at their career and say "I could have, I should have...blablabla..."

FUCK THEM!

actually, if they want to stop fighting, I completely respect that. what I dont accept, is them telling me each time..that they are back, only to produce a half assed effort and get destroyed.

Yay it is cool to live in Hawai or in fucking curitiba but if you want to get serious about your career (like overeem, wanderlei, bisping, machida, werdum, etc) fucking relocate in a place where MMA training is professional.
they have no fucking reason not to do it (their children are both young and could easily change of life).

ps : BJ PENN has become a real bully...if he can destroy easily, he is all over your face, punching you from everywhere, licking your blood, shieting in your face while putting his hand in the air like some kind of hawaian good...but as soon as he get punched 4 times in the face, he beguin to look like a bunny in front of a car with his eyes lost like if he was talking to a ghost and he completely give up.....mental midget.

BJ is worth millions of dollars, his parents are rich, he's rich, and he lives in fucking Hawaii.

Will he look back and be upset he didn't do better knowing that he could have? probably. But then he'll walk out the door to his pool, and relax in the beautiful sun, sipping on some drink while waiting for the pig roast to finish.

Trollin 'ell Phone Post

not trollin...I watched the fight all excited to see the motivated BJ penn....only to see a fatass eating punch after punch after kick in his face.

Stephen Holder - lol ouch.

Part of me is angry at both for many of the same reasons you have pointed out....but then I recall a shitty week or two I might have had in the past that culminated in a Saturday night ppv fight card involving one or both of these guys where they performed like champs. Ionno what was going on in your life at that time, but for me, those fights made my week much better. I need that sometimes. Last night definitely was not one of those times but they deserve credit for past fights and entertaining us too.

Its ok to be pissed for a while but when it gets excessive just remember that they've already done plenty to entertain you when really they don't owe you or I shit.

actually you are correct..i needed to vent. but I guess tomorrow, I will have forgiven. lol

You came across very blunt, but I do see your point.  I love the old guard, but am part of it and know that age is a bitch.

I guess it's hard to hang them up when there's money on the table, but it sucks to see your old heroes get beat on by the young whippersnappers.  It really sucks.

Do something else and leave your legacy is what I'd like to say, but I'm sure that's easier said than done.

FinestScotch - 

Fuck them? Fuck you.

BJ Penn is one of two men to hold belts at 2 UFC weight classes.

Shogun won the OWGP and the UFC LHW belt.

They did these things training in Curitiba and Hawaii, while you sat on a forum being their fans until time passed them by. Now you're critical when they still challenge themselves against massive opponents, knowing that their best years are behind them... jump on the next bandwagon you see buddy.

this

jujubre - I have supported them for years but I am dead tired of them.

They have the chance to live a great fantastic life being fighters and living of that....and they do not act the correct way. I garantee you in 20 years they will look back at their career and say "I could have, I should have...blablabla..."

FUCK THEM!

actually, if they want to stop fighting, I completely respect that. what I dont accept, is them telling me each time..that they are back, only to produce a half assed effort and get destroyed.

Yay it is cool to live in Hawai or in fucking curitiba but if you want to get serious about your career (like overeem, wanderlei, bisping, machida, werdum, etc) fucking relocate in a place where MMA training is professional.
they have no fucking reason not to do it (their children are both young and could easily change of life).

ps : BJ PENN has become a real bully...if he can destroy easily, he is all over your face, punching you from everywhere, licking your blood, shieting in your face while putting his hand in the air like some kind of hawaian good...but as soon as he get punched 4 times in the face, he beguin to look like a bunny in front of a car with his eyes lost like if he was talking to a ghost and he completely give up.....mental midget.

So you're in a position to judge their character as fighters because you're a fellow fighter who is racking up w's, and knows what it's like to be victorious against potential future champs of your division? Phone Post

OP's post is a strange, stalker-esque post. In addition to being strangely angry, it is way off base

needs a time out

They don't care, I don't care. BJ has balls of steel and I actually thought Shogun looked pretty damn good given all he's gone through. He landed some bombs in that fight, just because Gus is bigger, younger and with a chin of steel is no reason to downplay Rua's preformance.

That fight was a good scrap.

Elias Cepeda - 

OP's post is a strange, stalker-esque post. In addition to being strangely angry, it is way off base

This

FinestScotch -

Fuck them? Fuck you.

They did these things training in Curitiba and Hawaii, while you sat on a forum being their fans until time passed them by. Now you're critical when they still challenge themselves against massive opponents, knowing that their best years are behind them... jump on the next bandwagon you see buddy.

This x 100.

OP goes on keyboard rant because legends of the sport are a bit older but still challenging themselves at a world class level.

OP looking for new flavor of the month. No true loyalty to these warriors.

Good riddance to you, I say. You're a disgrace to Shogun and Penn and there's some other fighter out there needing your "loyalty." Phone Post

OP i was thinking the exact same thing, didn't want to post it because I'd lose the 9 vote ups I worked hard for haha

But what OP says is true. Even though they are world champions and can do whatever they want, its unfair to us as fans that every time they "return" (mostly talking about BJ) they tell us how motivated and how they will win and how hard they have been working then they don't show it AT ALL..

BJ looked like he didn't even want to be there as soon as he got popped once, and then the rest of the fight he was just trying to get it over with...

FinestScotch - 

Fuck them? Fuck you.

This post  vs OP's post shows that sometimes join dates don't mean shit. Voted up.

He sure is a big bully picking on people bigger than him.

TheMastro -
Samsonite1084 -

FUCK THEM!

So you're in a position to judge their character as fighters because you're a fellow fighter who is racking up w's, and knows what it's like to be victorious against potential future champs of your division? Phone Post

Bj racks up w's? New to me... Phone Post

Not what I was saying Phone Post

FUCK THEM!

I totally agree, not sure about fuck them,

But penn fought a tougher opponent, though his performance was lackluster, but shogun NEEDS to change his camp round badly! Such a powerful quick guy now relies upon power shots, and his cardio is poor.

Never a huge fan of bj but always a huge shogun fan, but both need to change soon Phone Post

ok the "fuck them"....was a little bit too much. lol

but I stand behing everything else I said.

You come across as though you lost this months rent betting on them.

Truthfully, I was very disappointed to see Penn gas after 1 round again, but it wasn't surprising. Rory did look good though, and even when penn had a full tank, he was not faring much better. Phone Post