I Am VERY Stoked for Machida vs. Jones

I think that these are the two most overall-skilled fighters in the light heavyweight division and on Saturday we get to see who is the best, at least in my eyes. I won't make any picks because I don't want to jinx my fighter but I hope Jones loses.

Agree with every word.

Nice to see Jonny Dogooder is back to the not looking at his opponent during the staredown thing, Rampage clowning him only made him temporarily drop that lameness.

Yeah, man, I do not like Jon Jones at all.

Kostakio - Yeah, man, I do not like Jon Jones at all.

Cofuckingsign buddy. I usually try not to get hung up on the personality side of these guys, I just like watching exciting fights, but man the whole act is so freaking offputting.

Machida's exactly the opposite, I'm a huge fan and always have been...hope we get the upset.

It's a great fight. Lyoto, being so unique, is probably the one guy you can imagine not getting steamrolled by Jones, just because it's harder to visualize how his style will matchup with Jones' -- whereas the traditional fighter will just get picked apart at range and thrown down at will.

Well said, orcus. With the way he's fought against Rashad, Ortiz, etc., it's just hard for me to picture him getting dominated unless he gets caught a la his second Shogun fight. By the way, I'd love to see a Machida-Shogun III. Phone Post

MACHIDA!!!!

God I hope this happens!

I think he has the skill set to beat Jones...

If everything happens just right.

I have NO idea whats going to happen saturday 

Can't wait for this fight!

I would like to see Machida win but i would fucking love to see Jones lose.

Kostakio -  Well said, orcus. With the way he's fought against Rashad, Ortiz, etc., it's just hard for me to picture him getting dominated unless he gets caught a la his second Shogun fight. By the way, I'd love to see a Machida-Shogun III. Phone Post

I wouldn't mind another Machida/Shogun either, although I think Machida lost the first as well as the second fight. The second fight was kind of weird; Machida did none of his usual in-and-out, engaging on his terms, but instead kind of just rushed in wide open.

Should be a pretty easy fight for Bones--the only question is whether he will beat Machida or hurt Machida

I think the Rampage fight showed he is still relatively unpolished in the striking dept as he said himself but his athleticism and reach makes up for it. That and his td ability of course. Against Rampage, i think they knew what to look out for (the hooks from the pocket) so it was easy to avoid as Rampage is pretty one dimensional in that regard. Rampage has pretty strong hips so he was able to keep the fight standing for a while but he is vulnerable on the ground (though only Jones has been able to capitalize on that of late).

With Machida, I dont think Jones will fear his power as much as he did Rampage but he will have a harder time finding his target and the biggest factor may be Machida's countering ability.

I dont think Machida's pure TDD is as strong as Rampage but in the generalship sense, he isnt easy to clinch and shoot on since he moves so well and keeps his range well. I think Jones should be able to get some tds but he may be more challenged to close the distance at first.

On the ground, I expect Jones to have the advantage as no one is as good with GNP and subs as he is right now (till the "old GSP" finds himself again) but I will be curious to see if Machida can defend himself well and even get back up.

But I dont think we should be surprised if Machida is able to pick Jones off and give him a lot of problems.

This fight is going to be gnarly war jones Phone Post

Jones via KO. I think Jones will lose in 2012, but he'll take this fight.

Machida wins by humble-pie-down-throat technique. Phone Post

UKTTs Toilet Cleaner - Machida wins by humble-pie-down-throat technique. Phone Post

We can only hope. Phone Post

I want Machida to win... however, I think that Bones will beat him down quite easily. Jones looked quicker than Shogun and Shogun made Machida look awfully slow. Given his range and quickness, I just can't see how Machida can connect with Jones.