I can't believe how bad UFC 278: Usman vs Edwards sucks!

Top 3 fights are good but the rest is like a Contender Series lineup

2 Likes

I feel like the UFC doesn’t like Aldo, and is keen to derail his fairy-tale run to a last shot at glory.

4 Likes

I think it’s because he is at the end of his career, gets paid a lot, and still can’t promote the fights in English

1 Like

Good card. There have been much worse

4 Likes

Decent main card, I’ll watch it at a bar

4 Likes

People need to stop reminiscing about the old days. BJ forever I don’t just mean you. I love your posts but there are so many threads about dilution of the UFC now.

The sport has changed and we are just gonna be like grumpy old men talking about how Ice hockey and nba used to be tougher back in my day.

It’s 2022 man. Money fucks up a lot of sports. We either accept it or stop watching unfortunately

4 Likes

Lack of speaking English and marketability in US in my opinion. You could see how they treated him during the Conor rise. Still leaves a bad taste in my mouth to this day.

From a business perspective I get it. But shitty way to treat such a humble warrior

5 Likes

they should have two types of events if they’re going to keep the roster this big. one with dudes you know for ppv and one with dudes you don’t for free. mixing the two so much is watering it down. the first four fights are awesome… then i don’t think i recognized anyone.

1 Like

PPV’s are hit and miss these days. This one looks pretty weak but next weekend’s ppv looks really good

1 Like

This is actually fair enough

I remember when you used to make threads crying about the UG being mean to Dana. You are some bizarre freak who has somehow become emotionally attached to a soulless corporation. You will never accept any criticism of the UFC. Stop pretending to be ‘just another fight fan.’ You’re a fan of a corporation, and possibly a shill.

2 Likes

After being shocked at how good the last main event with Glover was I’m staying out of this.
But to be honest this looks like an upcoming slaughterhouse bloodbath.

3 Likes

Maybe if they get Nate 1 more fight they can do him vs someone here as the co-main, if they did that, wouldnt be a bad main card.

Kamaru Usman vs. Leon Edwards
Nate Diaz vs. TBD
Paulo Costa vs. Luke Rockhold
José Aldo vs. Merab Dvalishvili
Marcin Tybura vs. Alexandr Romanov

1 Like

If I was paying $75 or whatever it is for that card i’d be annoyed, but then i’m not sure the UFC has EVER put out a card worth those insane prices. I’d be willing to pay like $15-20 for that.

Cost factor aside, its not great but I like Costa/Rockhold, its always good to see Aldo, and Usman/Edwards feels kind of like a formality ie finally getting Edwards out of the way considering he has earned a shot but nobody wanted to see it, if Leon somehow managed to win I think MMA would be cancelled though.

3 Likes

Im sure Usman gets a PPV cut and this is a fuck you to him from the UFC since they’re petty. There are some good fights on this card but its pathetic for an expensive PPV

1 Like

to their credit the UFC is adopting a different strategy than before.
instead of having a bunch of underperforming “names” they are now using a higher tech method of matchmaking.

they are now looking to pit otherwise unknown names against other lesser known names against each other in more explosive combinations, possibly even using computer algos as an aid in this.

2 Likes

I remember when you had a cry because I mentioned Tyson fury used to be a coke addict. Get lost you weird cunt

3 Likes

Anyone remember the UFC 146 card

Full main card of HW’s…

And look at the others on the prelims

Good times

6 Likes

Regarding so many threads about the dilution of the UFC… this is a MMA message board. I’m pretty sure the topic of a big card you don’t like is fair game in terms of discussion.

If I see a PPV I love,I’ll talk about it with people here, if I see a PPV I dislike like this, I’ll do the same. Some people like to talk ab out these things sometimes.

Nobody forces anyone else to read this sort of thread.

3 Likes

Yep, July has 2 PPV’s and 3 Fight Nights and I think there is a lot to like about July with of course the IFW PPV being the biggest one.

The RDA Fiziev and Ortega Rodriguez fights are great and then this London Fight Night should be a lot of fun.
UFC Fight Night Quick Card