I can't connect with women

Before we start: I have an 8-year old son. I have been in a 5 year relationship (my son's mother) where we cohabitated, and my only other significant relationship was 2 years long. I have had 3-4 other "relationships" that ranged from off/on to 100% booty call.

Here is the thing; is haven't had a "real" relationship since I broke up with my son's mother about 4 years ago. I have seen a few girls, but nothing even close to a relationship, in 4 years. I get laid. I have two booty calls. As far as prospects? Zero. None.

Both of my booty calls are from long ago, one from highschool, the other from back when I was with "my ex" (my son's mother).

Basically, I have not created a new relationship with a female since I broke up with my ex 4 years ago.

Wtf is my problem.

You're a good person and you're not settling... You'll inevitably find what you're looking for. In the meantime, I recommend not settling until you find a decent woman. That's my mentality anyway. I can't imagine being stuck with some hoe I despised. I enjoy dating college aged chicks with hot bodies with an occasional whale for good measure. I have never been with a girl who I wanted to settle with, so I can relate to your thoughts.

If you have custody of your son, you're likely just being very critical about his potential step mother.

UpperdoG - If you have custody of your son, you're likely just being very critical about his potential step mother.
I half half custody and yes, I am extremely critical of his potential step mother. On the other side of things, his mom has dated so many guys I have lost count and my son has met ten of them. So, yes, this is definitely a big part of this.

The problem is that I feel like I have forgotten how to "hook up" as a result.

SgtJustinTeplitz - You're a good person and you're not settling... You'll inevitably find what you're looking for. In the meantime, I recommend not settling until you find a decent woman. That's my mentality anyway. I can't imagine being stuck with some hoe I despised. I enjoy dating college aged chicks with hot bodies with an occasional whale for good measure. I have never been with a girl who I wanted to settle with, so I can relate to your thoughts.
You are correct, I'm not settling. I didn't before, I won't now. Having a child greatly upped the stakes though. It's not just me anymore, I need a woman who is not only good for me, but also for my son.

Phuckles - 
SgtJustinTeplitz - You're a good person and you're not settling... You'll inevitably find what you're looking for. In the meantime, I recommend not settling until you find a decent woman. That's my mentality anyway. I can't imagine being stuck with some hoe I despised. I enjoy dating college aged chicks with hot bodies with an occasional whale for good measure. I have never been with a girl who I wanted to settle with, so I can relate to your thoughts.
You are correct, I'm not settling. I didn't before, I won't now. Having a child greatly upped the stakes though. It's not just me anymore, I need a woman who is not only good for me, but also for my son.

Much respect for your thought process

Phuckles - 
UpperdoG - If you have custody of your son, you're likely just being very critical about his potential step mother.
I half half custody and yes, I am extremely critical of his potential step mother. On the other side of things, his mom has dated so many guys I have lost count and my son has met ten of them. So, yes, this is definitely a big part of this.

The problem is that I feel like I have forgotten how to "hook up" as a result.

There's always POF... Plenty of Fatties:)

I feel your pain man. I wish it was 4 years for me.

Nothing is wrong with you phucker, just keep on doing what you are and eventually you will find somebody to fill that role/gap without compromising the type of person you are looking for . I wasn't even looking when I found mine . Best of luck bro .

fastnotch331 - Nothing is wrong with you phucker, just keep on doing what you are and eventually you will find somebody to fill that role/gap without compromising the type of person you are looking for . I wasn't even looking when I found mine . Best of luck bro .

Thanks man, I  just  hope she is hot. 

That  is how shallow I am. I hope she is into that shit too.

I'm not asking for much. Mainly just a nice  slim  waist  and nice ass. 

Also, nice tits. 

And the ratios have to be right. 

Also, nice eyes.

But, it's okay if she has normal eyes, but she wears secretary glassess so the look way better  than  they are. 

Also, thigh gap. 

What?

Wanderpage - I feel your pain man. I wish it was 4 years for me.

Really? 

I will be honest, against my better judgement, I would be on my ex quicker than Cormier can lose 1.2 pounds given the chance. It  was amazing. We were in  love. Me, her, and like 3-6 other dudes. 

I serioulsy do not know why I still care, but I do. I talk to her to much. It  is bad. 

She has eyes that make you ejaculate. 

"Basically, I have not created a new relationship with a female since I broke up with my ex 4 years ago."

This is the sentence that matters. 

4 years is not that long. You sound pretty normal.

Fortunately, you took the red pill

I am in the same boat except i have my son about 6 nights a week so dating is goddamned hard. I will not bring crazy home either. That all makes finding someone tough. But i am not giving up. I really like that gal i am trying to date now but I don't think she is interested really.

Good luck to you and stay strong. It is better to be alone than with the wrong ho

I'm in a similar boat to OP. I mean I get laid a bit more than he does due to lower standards.... but I have commitment issues with females.

Anymore Women are pretty much only good for their pussy. The women out there are mostly delusional or insane.  If you are getting pussy then you are getting the best part of a modern woman anyway.