I contend that this is the GOAT chicken breast!

Like most people I eat a lot of healthy grilled/baked/boiled/sauteed skinless chicken breast but you know that crap is boring from a culinary perspective. At times it can make even Coors Light, oatmeal, cutting the grass or even watching yet another Nicholas Cage movie feel exciting in comparison.

Well have no fear, the most exciting boneless, skinless chicken breast on the planet is here!

It is my firm conviction that the cast iron cooked blackened chicken breast is the GOAT!

Take a couple lbs of chicken breast, filet chicken and then pound to 1/3 or 1/2 inch thick using a meat tenderizer. Then coat all the chicken with 3 tablespoons of melted unsalted butter. Then coat all the chicken with your favorite blackened seasoning. I use a smoked paprika, cayenne, white n black pepper, thyme, oregano, garlic powder, onion powder blend I’ll post below.

Head a cast iron pan to medium high, like 7/10 on an electric burner. Add a couple tablespoons of avocado oil to pan when you turn the burner on. Once its up to medium high heat just add the chicken in batches for just 3 minutes per side. You might have to add a little more oil by the third batch of chicken.

That right there is the world’s GOAT boneless skinless chicken breast recipe.

Never knew why my blackened chicken never tasted as good as the blackened fish I’ve had in restaurants and coating the protein with unsalted butter was the missing piece of the puzzle. Also cooking it in cast iron pan instead of grill grates makes a huge difference too.

Goes great with cheddar grits or creole style Louisiana long grain rice with a little paprika, tomato, garlic onion, celery, bell pepper and fresh parsley.

In to try this

Rub for 2 lbs of chicken:

2 tbsp smoked paprika
1 tbsp oregano
2 tsp thyme
2 tsp onion powder
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp cayenne
1 tsp white pepper
1 tsp black pepper
1/2 tsp salt

Pics or you never cooked it.

Only thing I know of one chef doing different than what I described is skipping the oil and just throwing a tbsp of butter on the pan right before he threw the chicken on. Claimed that was the classic way its done. Might try that and perhaps increase the cayenne a little but most people won’t want it hotter than the rub I listed.

Next I’ll try to do blackened catfish or blackened red snapper.

I was told there would be goat breasts in here.

SN checks out. I think goat breasts would be NSFW but here, this is something for ya…

I’ll bump this for anyone interested.

The chick-fil-a/popeyes sandwiches got a lot of interest from the OG and though this is not breaded like them so its a different “type” of chicken… its quite superior to the fried fast food sandwiches.

Was actually thinking about putting a light flour and panko breading on it and turning down the heat slightly and attempting to make a fried/blackened “fusion” chicken breast for a sandwich but at the same time I know the blackened component won’t taste right because the flour will cut into the flavor and the full blackened flavor can’t develop unless you cook it at medium high but medium high would burn breading so you can’t have true blackened and fried combined due to having to cook at different heats. I’m sure some fusion type thing could be ok yet always inferior to the GOAT.

Tits are for chicks. Boneless thighs.

Looking good man, looking good.