I destroyed my body with food

Do you have any serious health problems?

Have you tried the lettuce diet? Phone Post 3.0

Harmon Whistler - 

Do you have any serious health problems?

Sleep Apnea is my biggest issue.

BP and blood work is spot on

Jambo888 -

my question was serious.

Mine too. Pics are required. ;) Phone Post 3.0

My story is the same except I'm way older. Phone Post 3.0

Sleep apnea can kill you with that wieght and frame. All that weight on your diaphragm can basically crush the oxygen out of your lungs.

You ever have surgery down the road that requires general anesthesia.... you will be a tough motherfucker to extubate.

I hope you dont smoke or have a history of asthma.

That said, gluck. We all have our vices.. sounds like yours is food... try to control it. I had that problem growing up... I was 235 and 5'8 at 13 years old.

I saw someone die of a heart attack right in front of me while I was walking into a store in greenfield ma. Changed my world.

Work on discovering ways to eat lean using the right spices vs salt and butter when making food. Focus on cooking for yourself and making something delicious that is healthy. Fuck around with different salads, with peppers.. grape tomatoes.. plumb tomatoes..

Use almonds.. peanuts.. or cashews..

Mix with diced strawberries.. mangoes.. apples or grapes.

Fuck around with chipotle seasonings, and sprinkles of brown suger or crushed red pepper and lemon juice and fresh garlic, different oils as marinades such as light olive oil, or conolo oil for chicken breast with the fat cut off... or lean pork....

Turn your eating habit into something beyond starch and butters and salts. Phone Post

Most insurance plans cover lap band surgery for morbidly obese clients. Look into it. At this point diet is never going to work since you've been this way your whole life and have a history of yo yo dieting. I work with a lady that lost a shit ton of weight within six months after she got surgery and has kept it off.

Willy the Coyote - If you're 5'11 and 300* lbs, no clothing arrangement could keep me from thinking that you're fucking massive. Phone Post
LEGIT LOL

Good luck OP Phone Post 3.0

. Phone Post

I'm 6' maybe 6'1" on a good day. I used to tip the scales at over 280. I knew I had to make a change and did. I used to try to fool myself with the same kind of things you're saying OP. Getting the weight off my body was the best thing I ever did. It's never too late man. Phone Post

"If you're 5'11 and 300* lbs, no clothing arrangement could keep me from thinking that you're fucking massive."

What, you never heard of vertical stripes and dark colors?

I'm a lot like you OP...I've gained 30 pounds in the last 2 years, but am athletic. I just can eat and never feel full.

Portioning seems like our best bet.

Good luck.

i'm 5'11" 240#, down from 265#. god intended for me to be about 210# (i have abs at 210#) and most people are shocked to hear what i weigh because of my overall physique.

be honest with yourself. you're not happy with the shape you're in.

you're young, so you aren't dealing with the chronic medical problems you WILL have eventually. sleep apnea is a killer. you are ALREADY developing heart disease. you WILL BE a diabetic at some point.

if you marry this girl and have kids, you will shortchange them as a father because you'll tire easily, you will find excuses to keep them inside when it's hot and sunny outside. you will set a poor example for them and they will grow up to be just like you. they will eat to comfort themselves instead of dealing with their stresses or boredom. worst of all, there's a good chance they will bury you before you ever see your grandkids.

i know all this because this was me about six months ago. i don't have any immediate health issues but i know they are developing. i'm a health care professional and i see the consequences of poor health maintenance every day.

i thought about all the things i can't do today that i did ten years ago and i knew i had to make a change. i'll never be a college soccer player again, or fight in another mma match, but i have 4 kids that want to play every day, and learn all the sports i played. my dad threw a ball with me every day after work and i owe it to my kids to do the same.

this is what i did. i loaded a medicine ball with 55# (the amount i was overwieght) of tungsten beads. when i'm tempted to overeat, i carry it around the house as a reminder of the extra stress i put on my body.

then i live by these rules.

1)i ride my airdyne when i'm stressed, bored, or depressed.
2)i go outside every day. no matter what. fresh air is the best energy drink there is.
3)i never eat seconds. why would i ever eat two person's meals?
4)i don't drink my calories. no soda, minimal alcohol, and no foo foo coffee drinks.
5)no bread. ever.

good luck. i hope you don't give up the life you could have because right now doesn't seem that bad.

"Im Italian, so i grew up eating being a huge part of my life. I can eat large amounts of food before i realize im eating at all."

You're not Italian, you're American and that's totally an American stereotype/excuse. I know plenty of real Italians, visited Italy and non of them are 300lbs, nor have I ever met a 300lbs Italian.

Having said that, good luck if you choose to shed the lbs or good for you if you're content. I'm not trying to be nasty, I just don't agree with your point. Phone Post 3.0

Good luck Op with whatever you do. Phone Post 3.0

ashleigh11 - i'm 5'11" 240#, down from 265#. god intended for me to be about 210# (i have abs at 210#) and most people are shocked to hear what i weigh because of my overall physique.

be honest with yourself. you're not happy with the shape you're in.

you're young, so you aren't dealing with the chronic medical problems you WILL have eventually. sleep apnea is a killer. you are ALREADY developing heart disease. you WILL BE a diabetic at some point.

if you marry this girl and have kids, you will shortchange them as a father because you'll tire easily, you will find excuses to keep them inside when it's hot and sunny outside. you will set a poor example for them and they will grow up to be just like you. they will eat to comfort themselves instead of dealing with their stresses or boredom. worst of all, there's a good chance they will bury you before you ever see your grandkids.

i know all this because this was me about six months ago. i don't have any immediate health issues but i know they are developing. i'm a health care professional and i see the consequences of poor health maintenance every day.

i thought about all the things i can't do today that i did ten years ago and i knew i had to make a change. i'll never be a college soccer player again, or fight in another mma match, but i have 4 kids that want to play every day, and learn all the sports i played. my dad threw a ball with me every day after work and i owe it to my kids to do the same.

this is what i did. i loaded a medicine ball with 55# (the amount i was overwieght) of tungsten beads. when i'm tempted to overeat, i carry it around the house as a reminder of the extra stress i put on my body.

then i live by these rules.

1)i ride my airdyne when i'm stressed, bored, or depressed.
2)i go outside every day. no matter what. fresh air is the best energy drink there is.
3)i never eat seconds. why would i ever eat two person's meals?
4)i don't drink my calories. no soda, minimal alcohol, and no foo foo coffee drinks.
5)no bread. ever.

good luck. i hope you don't give up the life you could have because right now doesn't seem that bad.

Voted Up

TheHawker - I'm not going to make fun of you for being fat, because I read on the OG that that will only make you fatter.

Maybe if I make fun of you for being skinny you'll get skinnier?

You skinny fuck, you look anorexic! What's your problem, Skeletor? I bet you have to jump around in the shower to get wet!

Legit lol! Phone Post

Living in Norway I would think that's a huge motherfucker at 310 lbs. You're 31, by the time you're 35 you could change drastically. Just a permanent dietchange will do most the work, a little exercise the rest.

I never understand how those few minutes with soda/chips/whatever is worth permanently being unhappy with yourself (Generally, don't know if OP is unhappy).

OP

I'm in the same situation as you. I'm 5'8" and about 310 lbs.

I feel uncomfortable going out because of people judging me and my social life has detiorated due to the fact that most socializing occurs around food and alcohol, two things that can be detrimental if you're trying to live a healthy life. I don't feel like one of the guys anymore.

My clothes don't fit and i end up wearing the same shit over and over. I was a suave motherfucker with a closet full of nice clothes but now I look like some fat schmo with polo tees, lol.

Unlike you, I stopped working out a long time ago.

I told myself that I'm going to start doing at least 30 mins of cardio everyday after work at the gym near my job and 30 mins of kettlebells at home before I head to work.

I do take comfort in food and my biggest weakness is bread.

I think my biggest downfall is that i eat shit after a long day of work and stress. I go home and order food or pick it up. Plop down in front of the TV and eat. It's how i've become accustomed to decompressing after a long day and dealing with stress. It's sad because i usually eat pretty good for the whole day until i get home. Phone Post 3.0

Google 'The No S Diet' and read up on it. Then buy the book. I lost 17 pounds in 5 weeks without suffering. Phone Post 3.0