I don't get GSP/Hardy fight in New Jersey .....

The fight is set for UFC 111 in NJ. But with one fighter from Canada & the other from the UK I thought it was odd that the fight was going to take place in the US especially with UFC wanted to expand their global reach.

But I was really shocked when I saw where the next 2 events are being held:

UFC 112 - London, England
UFC 113 - Montreal Canada

WTF? Why wouldn't they wait & have the fight at either UFC 112 or 113?

Because Montreal and London will sell out anyway, regardless of who is on the card.

"Because Montreal and London will sell out anyway"

That's exactly the reason. GSP should be fighting in Montreal. How quickly Dana forgets the incredible crowd when GSP fought Serra the second time.

Hope Montreal boycots the event.

Because if it was in England the hoodlums would be reduced to rioting when Hardy gets tooled

homegrowncone - Because Montreal and London will sell out anyway, regardless of who is on the card.

Bingo.

The Tri-state area deserves more great events. 101 was a big success in Philly and this event will do extremely well.

Jersey shore fans are turned on by GSP's metrosexuality. I thought this was obvious

mataleo1 - "Because Montreal and London will sell out anyway"

That's exactly the reason. GSP should be fighting in Montreal. How quickly Dana forgets the incredible crowd when GSP fought Serra the second time.

Don't hold your breath. The Bell Centre will sell out in a matter of minutes. UFC 113 will probably also feature the return of Patrick Cote, as he has been recently cleared by the doctors to resume training.

big names need to populate the cards in new cities, see above about sell-outs in those other cities

MolsonMuscles - 

Don't hold your breath. The Bell Centre will sell out in a matter of minutes. UFC 113 will probably also feature the return of Patrick Cote, as he has been recently cleared by the doctors to resume training.
The 2 UFC shows held in Montreal were both record sell outs.

The first one (UFC 83) sold out in 44 minutes whereas the other one (UFC 97) was sold out before tickets could be purchased by the general public (yes I'm serious).

There is no reason why the next show won't sell out as fact. But GSP should be fighting in front of his home crowd.

Coleman vs. Couture, with Trigg vs. Serra as the co-headline would fit better IMO. It'll be interesting how the crowd responds, for sure.

Rumor is GSP loves Jersey that's why the fight is there. 

Jersey is close enuff to Canada a few ppl will cross the border.

We get Shogun Machida II and Cote is rumored to be on that card!

This...totally agree and I'm from MTL.