I dont know if trump wiretap thing is true...

But didnt Obama get in trouble for wiretapping Angela Merkal and other of our allies phones like 3 years ago?

in trouble?

you mean like he did something illegal?

or you mean it was embarrassing that it became public?

Ari2 - in trouble?

you mean like he did something illegal?

or you mean it was embarrassing that it became public?

I suspect it is technically illegal but he was not held accountable because he was Potus.

Embarrassing because he is surveilling people who are supposed to be our allies.

It's a game. They are all at each other. It's just embarrassing to be caught.

I don't know if it's true, but I do know the OG will be especially retarded in the coming weeks

Barack Obama 'approved tapping Angela Merkel's phone 3 years ago'
Philip Sherwell, New York and Louise Barnett in Berlin

President Barack Obama was dragged into the trans-Atlantic spying row after it was claimed he personally authorised the monitoring of Angela Merkel's phone three years ago.

German Chancellor's mobile phone after he was briefed on the operation by Keith Alexander, director of the National Security Agency (NSA), in 2010. as long ago as 2002, when she was still the opposition leader, three years before being elected Chancellor. That monitoring only ended in the weeks before Mr Obama visited Berlin in June this year, the magazine added.

Mr Obama's European allies will now ask him to say what he personally knew about the NSA's global eavesdropping operation and its targeting of world leaders, including those from friendly states. The White House declined to comment on the German media reports.

Its surveillance operations raises questions about whether US officials breached domestic laws. Hans-Peter Friedrich, the German interior minister, said: "If the Americans intercepted cellphones in Germany, they broke German law on German soil". He noted that wiretapping was a crime in Germany and "those responsible must be held accountable".

John Kerry, the US secretary of state, received a dose of European fury this weekend when he visited Paris and Rome. The trip was arranged to discuss the Middle East peace process, the Syrian civil war and Iran's nuclear programme. Instead, he was confronted by outrage over the scale of US surveillance operations.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/germany/10407282/Barack-Obama-approved-tapping-Angela-Merkels-phone-3-years-ago.html