I dont like UFC 3, I cant stop takedowns!

When I play these UFC games I turn into a Gilbert Yvel and hate the ground game.  I cant stop the takedowns and I get frustrated when I get takedown and beaten up.

The new game is more frustrating for the takedown defense and submissions.  I just want to stand and bang but I keep getting takedown.  The last 2 games were like this but less frustrating,  this game seems slow,  like the fighters are in molasses or something.  

I wish I waited for this game to be in the used bin like the other 2 I bought.

There's a mode with no takedowns bruh.

WFA?

No take down tournament is the shit.

I'm stuck right now in career mode, against wrestler Corey Anderson,the  fucker, I've done no wrestling training with my guy so that's probably why, I've gone with  Rumble and are throwing bombs on dudes!

if you turn off the takedowns are you not cheating the game, but also cheating yourself out of half of the game?

Not a fan of the EA UFC games. I miss THQ’s Undisputed 3. Man I loved that game. 

The best version was the original Anchor one for Dreamcast.  It was the perfect balance of striking and submissions were simple to start and simple to block.  Other than the first Knockout Kings and maybe the second Fight Night, original UFC is the best fighting game yet.

Are you in xbox? I want to stand and bang! What's your username and ill add you! Don't know mine off had or id put it 

Ps4.

I dont mind having takedowns but the grappling engine isnt fun.  I agree about the dc ufc game.  I had that and it was hella fun.

I do like the leg damage feature where the opponent limps if you leg kick a lot,  checking hurts you too!

Way better than the last game, imo. I like how people can’t just spam head kicks now. 

I don’t know why they make it like this! EA made EA MMA (was it 09-10) which had the strikeforce roster. And was a fantastic game. 

The striking used the analog stick, similar to Foght Night. And the buttons were used in takedowns. That was a very enjoyable game. 

I didn’t know Stephan Struve posted here, or played video games for that matter 

I hate how the damn leg kicks are overpowered. And I don't get why people rather leg kick and shit than just bleed bro. It's a game, your health isn't on the line and you aren't getting paid... Throw some hands. 

Jawsome - 

Not a fan of the EA UFC games. I miss THQ’s Undisputed 3. Man I loved that game. 

I loved that game, THQ made the boxing Fight Nights too and they were great.

I bought the first EA UFC and then sold it to game stop a week later....I wont even attempt this one.

OP, takedown defense is EXACTLY the same as last game, so if you can't stop them now you could never stop them. In other words, that's not the games fault.

Ministry of Truth - OP, takedown defense is EXACTLY the same as last game, so if you can't stop them now you could never stop them. In other words, that's not the games fault.

LikevI said Im the Gilbert Yvel of UFC gaming.  Sort of ironic because Im sort of the Ben Askren of BJJ

CaptainWoody -
Jawsome - 

I loved that game, THQ made the boxing Fight Nights too and they were great.

I bought the first EA UFC and then sold it to game stop a week later....I wont even attempt this one.

No EA made Fight Night. And the original EA MMA from 09 used the fight night model for striking and had a really cool ground game system. 

Idk why EA did this. 

Try timing the takedown and throw an uppercut. Usually rocks them and gets them to stop spamming takedowns. I assume a knee works too but I haven't figured out how to do that yet.

Tim Duncan -

When I play these UFC games I turn into a Gilbert Yvel and hate the ground game.  I cant stop the takedowns and I get frustrated when I get takedown and beaten up.

The new game is more frustrating for the takedown defense and submissions.  I just want to stand and bang but I keep getting takedown.  The last 2 games were like this but less frustrating,  this game seems slow,  like the fighters are in molasses or something.  

I wish I waited for this game to be in the used bin like the other 2 I bought.

Wrong forum you dumb motherfucker.