I endorse PED's- is it so wrong?

Based on my recent experience with doing a cycle of test. In my age bracket, nothing short of amazing.

Recovery, energy, strength and of course the raging storm within my ball sack. Within 36 hours, brand new.

Is it just the 'unfair" advantage that certain ped's offer that makes everyone say it's cheating or if pro's were allowed to do certain ones by personal choice would it still be cheating?

What I'm trying to say is, if there was a short list of ' approved" ped's and fighters had a choice of whether to do them or not, would it still be considered cheating on a leveled playing field.

I'm convinced that a lot of pro's do them, in one form or another. I don't think they are cheaters, I think they are taking advantage of creations of modern science.

Is it still cheating if everyone had a choice?

No, it is cheating because it is against the rules.

wait so people that don't want an advantage over their opponent use peds regularly ?

Health effects ? Stupidest argument that exists today... as long as drinking and smoking is legal theres literally no backbone to that argument. One could argue countless health benefits to steroids... what can you really say about smoking ?

The biggest issue lies within peoples misconceptions about PEDs... regardless of athletes like timmy, Bonner... Raphael Polmeiro Sonnen and leben people still have this misconstrued perspective of these drugs just creating massive slabs of muscle when in fact its almost always used as a training aid to minimize the effects of over-training and keep the fighters healthy and in the gym.

DarkReflection - I realize that PED's in certain sports are not so much geared toward strength and speed as they are recuperative.

That said...keep the field level. Screw the drugs.

As for your first statement..I can only assume you misunderstood something.

Why would someone...who is trying to play FAIR by todays standards. Use PEDS?

Cheers

-DR

Because more people than you think are using peds and a lot of people are pressured into using them because their competition is ?

fair is fair right ?

its almost always used as a training aid to minimize the effects of over-training and keep the fighters healthy and in the gym.

That's one way of looking at it, another is that the PED's are medication to make your body accept a training-dose it otherwise wouldn't. For the short-term, and possibly at a cost.

I agree the health-argument is lacking, but somewhere a line has to be drawn regarding what is considered safe. EPO for example is dangerous as shit, but on the other hand, the sports themselves aren't exactly safe +a lot of legal stuff is a lot more dangerous.

This issue has not been discussed before now.

I am very interested in the views and opinions expressed in this thread.

I am 100% certain this thread will end with an ammicable agreement on PEDs and will have little to no name calling or childish behaviour.

DarkReflection - 
keepthechange - 
DarkReflection - I realize that PED's in certain sports are not so much geared toward strength and speed as they are recuperative.

That said...keep the field level. Screw the drugs.

As for your first statement..I can only assume you misunderstood something.

Why would someone...who is trying to play FAIR by todays standards. Use PEDS?

Cheers

-DR

Because more people than you think are using peds and a lot of people are pressured into using them because their competition is ?

fair is fair right ?

Oh no..I realize that more individuals use than most are currently aware of.

But it's not a matter of "fair is fair"

It's a matter of..a "cheat is a cheat"

The answer isn't standardized PED use. The answer is random year round blood testing. Whether you've got a fight scheduled or not. If you are a professional fighter..you've got to know that you could be tested at any time.

2 weeks in a row perhaps. Or months apart.

THAT would go a long way toward fixing the problem. It's an issue of a lax..or at least very "predictable" testing regimen. The more predictable the process is..the easier it is to avoid popping a positive test. So you remove the predictability...and people stop using. Especially if there is a so many strikes and you're out rule.

Cheers

-DR

If they wanted to fix the problem they would have by now, they want their athletes to perform their best. drugging and passing the tests is just another part of the game... Most people don't realize this.

So yes fair is fair

Athletes are always going to take whatever advantage they can get. If there was surgery around to implant three more arms so you wouldn't have to drop your guard when you punch, someone would take it. If there were drugs that could 10-fold your ability at the cost of 30 years of your life, someone would take it. It comes down to what we as consumers want to see the competitors go through to max their capacity. Our ideals. I'd be fine with just training and diet, everything else, including altitude chambers, shady supplements etc. illegal. No objectivity in it, that's just the sport I'd like. If we put performance over everything else, we'll end up a freak show, like bodybuilding.

androushka - No, it is cheating because it is against the rules.

Uhhhhh i hope you're being condescending and not retarded.

Blazing Knees -  if there was a short list of ' approved" ped's and fighters had a choice of whether to do them or not, would it still be considered cheating ?

Dude, I was just answering his q

You endorse PED's because you did one cycle and it improved your performance (hence the term Performance Enhancing Drug), paying no mind to possible long term issues?

Pro-PED in MMA arguments are just ridiculous and a detriment to the sport.

It should not be against the rules. It is retarded that it is.

jjj2121 -  You endorse PED's because you did one cycle and it improved your performance (hence the term Performance Enhancing Drug), paying no mind to possible long term issues?

Long term effects like what exactly ? You still living off that bullshit they fed you in highschool health class ?

Sagiv Lapkin -  If you are an adult (over 18) you should be allowed to put ANYTHING into your own body. If it has negative health effects....it's on you.

I agree to an extent. With more freedoms comes the opposite, more laws to regulate said freedoms, or limits, ill say.

And police to police said laws.

And i like putting things in my body, but i hate police.

Things are ok the way they are now, people still getting high and getting by, fighters still juicing or not. So why change the rules now to accompany the way things already are?

Sagiv Lapkin -  If you are an adult (over 18) you should be allowed to put ANYTHING into your own body. If it has negative health effects....it's on you.

lol @ "It's on you." Like our society wouldn't still be shelling out a shit-ton of money for treatment, medical expenses and criminal justice costs (for all the stupid shit people do while fucked up). The idea that society would allow drug addicts to die in the streets (and their children too!) is absurd. And hence, the idea "you should be allowed to put ANYTHING into your own body" because it doesn't affect anyone else is bullshit.

It's not my intent to argue where we should draw the line and at what substances, because you DO have to balance such laws with personal freedom. But the idea that it should hbe a free for all just doesn't work for a whole host of practical reasons.

keepthechange - 
jjj2121 -  You endorse PED's because you did one cycle and it improved your performance (hence the term Performance Enhancing Drug), paying no mind to possible long term issues?

Long term effects like what exactly ? You still living off that bullshit they fed you in highschool health class ?
I'm not here to debate it.  If you think PED use has no side effects, go for it. 

JudOWNED - 

lol @ "It's on you." Like our society wouldn't still be shelling out a shit-ton of money for treatment, medical expenses and criminal justice costs (for all the stupid shit people do while fucked up). The idea that society would allow drug addicts to die in the streets (and their children too!) is absurd. And hence, the idea "you should be allowed to put ANYTHING into your own body" because it doesn't affect anyone else is bullshit.

It's not my intent to argue where we should draw the line and at what substances, because you DO have to balance such laws with personal freedom. But the idea that it should hbe a free for all just doesn't work for a whole host of practical reasons.

I take it you've never tried drugs. Or let me say, given drugs a chance.

Just eating the bullshit till you're full.

And being able to do drugs or put what you want in your system in no way = "free for all"

Not if you are smart, or responsible. How come those words dont apply to a smart and responsible person who uses drugs?

Officially accepting peds will kill any sport that does it.

No sane parent will have their kid doing any activity that will require him or her to start playing with needles and drugs in order to have success. No kids = no new athletes; the sport goes through de-evolution and eventually dies.