I feel like Diego is about to get destroyed

Watched the TUF 25 anniversary special this week and Diego was such a beast back in the day, but it seems like he never really evolved. Now he takes so much punishment it's like Rocky fighting in there, just trading blows with no regard for defense at all. Probably the most heart of any fighter I've ever seen, but I don't like this matchup for him.

It's painful to hear him try to will his way into believing in himself. Just get better at fighting instead of talking about destiny this and lion heart that.

I agree, don't see how he doesn't get ko/tko'd wading in like he does. He has surprised me before though.

YEEEESSSSSS

Yes he most definitely is.

robopimp - Watched the TUF 25 anniversary special this week and Diego was such a beast back in the day, but it seems like he never really evolved. Now he takes so much punishment it"s like Rocky fighting in there, just trading blows with no regard for defense at all. Probably the most heart of any fighter I"ve ever seen, but I don"t like this matchup for him.

Like somebody said on here once, it seems like once he realized he wasnt going to win the belt he decided to just become a stand n wang brawler. 

I have said this in other threads tonight, but he has only finished FIVE fights in 12 years in the UFC, and he hasnt finished a fight since what, 2008?

He has insane heart, he got hurt badly in the Lamas fight and refused to go quietly.

kennyfrommd - 

It's painful to hear him try to will his way into believing in himself. Just get better at fighting instead of talking about destiny this and lion heart that.

that time has passed diego peaked a long time ago his skillset has actually declined instead of getting better.

believe it or not diego used to be able to beat the piss out of people standing and maul them on the ground.

have no clue where that ability went dude was a nightmare...

now hes the dream :(

His new nickname will be Diego "Marriott" Sanchez.

Those in the lower weight divisions don't tend to age super well. It sucks but it's true.

Caladan - Those in the lower weight divisions don't tend to age super well. It sucks but it's true.
They always say speed is the first thing to go so it makes sense. Arlovski can probably just win half his fights and stick around a few more years just because HW is so shallow.

i dont like al, but he is a better fighter than diego

Al looked in crazy shape too, could get ugly.

Non N00B -
robopimp - Watched the TUF 25 anniversary special this week and Diego was such a beast back in the day, but it seems like he never really evolved. Now he takes so much punishment it"s like Rocky fighting in there, just trading blows with no regard for defense at all. Probably the most heart of any fighter I"ve ever seen, but I don"t like this matchup for him.

Like somebody said on here once, it seems like once he realized he wasnt going to win the belt he decided to just become a stand n wang brawler. 

I have said this in other threads tonight, but he has only finished FIVE fights in 12 years in the UFC, and he hasnt finished a fight since what, 2008?

He has insane heart, he got hurt badly in the Lamas fight and refused to go quietly.

That finish stat is nuts. He's so aggressive you'd think he would have more, but to be fair he's had a lot of tough matchups.

ranier wolfcastle -

i dont like al, but he is a better fighter than diego

Al is scary good, or was before the injury. Hopefully he's back to his old form.

Probably. It's kind of like watching a delusional Corey Feldman try to convince himself he's made good music. Except Diego has been a stud for years and in numerous phenomenal fights. I hate seeing him take the damage!

Yup. He's gonna get fucked up

uh yeah

Told you

Good call OP. 

No one has done that to Diego, not even BJ. Al destroyed him. 

fukk

does anybody love diego?

somebody needs to have that rogan talk with him.

its been time.