I feel sorry for Brett Rogers

Dude got thrown in with the sharks and he takes the loss'pretty hard. In his past 4 fights he has fought Barnett, Overeem, and Fedor. This dude hasn't had time to become a good MMA fighter. The Villareal fight was weak but he needs a year of tune up fights IMO. I guess you could say Brock got thrown in with the sharks by fighting Mir (former champ) first and then Herring, Couture. But not in the same league.

Anybody else get thrown to the sharks like Rogers?

he's going the way of houston alexander 

you could see it in Brett's eyes after the fight. he knew that josh barnett was the real deal. hed been with fedor and overeem and just tookj it like a champ but after that fight he looked like his soul had been beaten. Barnet will win the GP. Im an Overeem fanboy but he looked stiff and awfull tonight.

Well, I don't think he got thrown into the sharks. He had what, 9 or 10 fights before getting into Strikeforce where, Brock had 1.

I do agree with you though, he's fought Arlovski, Fedor, Overeem, and Barnett. Those 4 guys right there, that's hard to fight 2 of those 4 in a lifetime but he's done it still being young to the sport.

Say what you want about Brett, dude has some balls.

Trizoll - Brett needs to take Josh's offer and go train with their camp for a while. Brett seems like a great guy and I'd hate for him to "give up" without giving it a REAL SHOT.

I missed this, he offered Brett to train with him?

MaliceX - he wants to get paid, fighting schmucks won't do it

I don't think he has the skills to be a top heavyweight anyways...but I think he needs more guidance about his career

Does he get released after that performance? Phone Post

Trizoll - Brett needs to take Josh's offer and go train with their camp for a while. Brett seems like a great guy and I'd hate for him to "give up" without giving it a REAL SHOT.

This is exactly what I am talking about...if true...he needs to take him up on his offer.

Agreed, I like the way Brett Rogers comes across. I'd like to see him do well, he seems like a hard working, good dude. Hopefully he can turn it around. He has not been given an easy time in his career, that's for damn sure.

True, he's a huge guy but gets thrown around by almost EVERY heavyweight.

Guy has zero athletic experience and is a sloppy striker who was fed brawling cans.  Did you see him on the ground?  The guy does not have the athletic ability to compensate for his lack of fighting/competitive experience.

Feel kind of sorry for him too.