I forgot how good Fedor was........

Been watching Pride's starting from the beginning for the past couple months (highly recommended nybthe way). Watching a prime Fedor really was something to behold. His speed and balance really stood out to me, so fluid. His transitions from throwing a bomb to getting a judo/sambo throw were incredible. His ground and pound was sick. Watching him drop bombs on people was unlike anyone I have ever seen. The beating he gave Nogueira was just amazing.

I know people can make a spin against any all time great (I see it here regularly). But yeah Fedor was fucking good man. Real good. Really a pleasure watching him fight and always looking for the kill. Phone Post 3.0

The fight against Heath Herring blew my mind at the time.

I had the same reaction seeing his fights in Pride. Wasn't fortunate enough to see them live, but I had heard everyone call him the greatest ever, so naturally I wanted to see what all the fuss was about.

And needless to say, I was not disappointed.

He was as complete a fighter as I've ever seen. People can talk all they want, but I'll always be a follower of the Last Emperor. Phone Post 3.0

GOAT Phone Post 3.0

I've never had more anticipation and was more excited for a fight than Fedor vs Mirko. That's at a time when Mirko is head kicking everybody, and Fedor goes in and out strikes him. Smashed Nog on the ground. He beat guys at their own games.

GOAT Phone Post 3.0

I shadow sparred and drilled technique with him last year. He is so agile and fast for his size it's unbelievable. Also if you push, he pulls, you pull, he push. Great sense of timing and distance in his stand up. Phone Post 3.0

My Mrs is a 23 year old South African girl who's only been watching mma since we got together (6 years ago) but actually follows it more now and watches every card I watch. If you were to ask her who the GOAT is she would tell you FEDOR.

I'm proud of that. Phone Post 3.0

Fedor together with Anderson Silva are the only guys who move in these natural connected way. They use whole body movements. No other fighter is doing that......

I don't remember Fedor ever having any snoozefest fights like Silva vs Maia/Leites. <

Not only was Fedor the best ever, he was aggressive as shit, and always exciting.

Zero1 -

Fedor together with Anderson Silva are the only guys who move in these natural connected way. They use whole body movements. No other fighter is doing that......

What exactly are you talking about? Can u expound or give examples? Phone Post 3.0

When Rickson was talking about "no mind" and being in the moment, i immediately thought about Fedor. He was always in the moment, thats why he never showed any emotions

shin2chin - The fight against Heath Herring blew my mind at the time.

+1

I thought Heath was going to ragdoll him. I became a Fedor nuthugger halfway through the first round.

GOAT

shin2chin - The fight against Heath Herring blew my mind at the time.

+1

After that I was really impressed.
But the Nog fight blew my mind also because I was sure that Nog would sub him because he always did go back to the guard.

But no he just kept blasting.

Vu for a great thread OP Phone Post 3.0

I mean when Fedor or Anderson Silva or even Ali moved it was always a movement of the whole body. Like a wave that is going through the body and creates movement.

That´s why these guys where always so good in evading and improvsing because their bodies where always moving.

The way Anderson evades punches or the way Fedor connected strikes into takedowns are great examples. The movements are not broken he "wave" is going and going and he creates

Look at this slow motion. There is no tension in Andersons shoulder he just allow the moement to happen and then strikes back. His move comes natural from the middle of the body not from his shoulders.

YOu can see different techniques but the same wave in Fedors fight like against Cr Cop.

And yes Fedor was No-Mind totally in the moment.....

PRIDE is the house Saku and Fedor built and it was special. Even Dana is starting to come around. Phone Post 3.0

Zero1 - 

Exactly!

These guys have a level of mastery that most can only dream about.

Zero1 - 

I mean when Fedor or Anderson Silva or even Ali moved it was always a movement of the whole body. Like a wave that is going through the body and creates movement.

That´s why these guys where always so good in evading and improvsing because their bodies where always moving.

The way Anderson evades punches or the way Fedor connected strikes into takedowns are great examples. The movements are not broken he "wave" is going and going and he creates

Look at this slow motion. There is no tension in Andersons shoulder he just allow the moement to happen and then strikes back. His move comes natural from the middle of the body not from his shoulders.

YOu can see different techniques but the same wave in Fedors fight like against Cr Cop.

And yes Fedor was No-Mind totally in the moment.....

Awesome post. VTFU

There was an aura around Fedor. Like a humbleness or humility. A 

JJ is the only active fighter with an inkling of an aura in my opinion. Unfortunately for me his mouth ruined what little aura he had.