I found the secret to bulk up!!!!!

I went from 129lbs before shipping off for basic which was the end of May 2003. I am now right under 150 at 5'7. My bench went up 50lbs and my pushups went from 44 to 105. All I did was EAT more. Thats it! Before I did not think I could possibly fit more food in my stomach. But after a few weeks of MREs and limited time in eating, I ate like I never ate before when I got back home.

Its soo easy. Do any of you guys think I could gain another 10lbs if I supplement this with protein shakes?

Oh yeah I also dumped my whole lifting rotuine and tried a 5X5 scheme with no curls or isolation work.

Just Bench, weighted dips, weighted chins, and shrugs on one day. Squats, deadlifts the next.

It really does get your arms bigger. Alot more than it did from doing curls.

Good work man :) It suprises me how many people I tell to eat more and they look at me like I'm nuts.

A guy that I used to work with wanted to get bigger (tall skinny guy) And I said he just needed to eat everything in sight, but healthy food preferably. He said OK, and brought an extra pack of oreos in every day. I never saw him eat meat or dairy or veggies of any kind, just crap.

I tend to snack on yogurt, milk, bananas, and beef jerky. Gives you alot of gas though.

a small price to pay, I say.

If gas equals mass gains I should be Ronnie Coleman. ;)

definite increase in fat. I still got my 6 pack though. My face shows the greatest difference. The fat probably distributed on my chest, shoulders and arms as well. Sorry, I cant give you an exact %. I plan on another 5-10 if I can by the end of January. I am on vacation at my parents house, so eating is no holds barred and free.

Well, I ate whatever I could. Fast food included. I think over the summer my metabolism slowed down. Because I ate very little for a period of a month because of finals but I only lost 2-3 lbs, usually I lose ALOT than that.

I got very good advice from this forum...within 1 year...from 5ft 7inches...130lbs to 155lbs of muscle...and the chicks NOTICED! :)

Good sh!t man.

I've been telling people that is the only thing you need to do.

Eat more and do compound stuff and just train at it. You can do curls if you want to, but as long as you do the rest you are good to go.

Koing

I agree with JasonL, a few protein shakes with coconut milk will certainly help you pack on some more size.

Mike Mahler
www.mikemahler.com

Is coconut milk that good for gaining weight? I just looked up the nutrition facts on it (http://www.nutritiondata.com/facts-001-02s02ei.html), which says it has 445 calories per cup, 405 calories from fat; 48g of fat per cup, and 42g of them are saturated fats.

where do you get coconut milk or oil? i've never
seen it.

is that much saturated fat healthy?

Watch your cholesterol consuming that much fat. Unless of course you do a lot of cardio.

all the fat in the coconut milk is saturated, bad bad bad. You can get coconut milk in the Asian food sections of a lot of grocery stores, it's used in Thai cooking.

It does not have the same effect as animal saturated fat. also, some saturated fat in the diet is necessary. Trader Joes carries organic coconit oil and coconut milk(At least they do in CA)

Mike Mahler
www.mikemahler.com

bump

1 Like