I freakin' LOVE Windows 7

I've been running RTM for less than a week now, and so far I'm loving it.  I never used Vista all that much, so I can't compare there, but the difference from XP is major.  So far, there's only been one program I've been unable to use, (Daemon Tools) but there are several alternatives that work great.

I recommend going through several of the, "Windows 7 tips & tricks" you can find online & on youtube to really appreciate what Win7 has to offer.

Favorite feature today: Use Win+P to bring up a super-simple screen change option (Extend, clone, etc) that doesn't move my damn desktop icons every time I change options.  (A huge pain for me with XP, no matter the video card)

I'm with you. Installed it on a lenovo T400. The computer had vista, which seemed slow for the 5 min it was on. I'm actually excited about a MS OS - I feel dirty.

Only had one drive issue - ATI radeon. Seeing as it's not officially out now, and it is using the intel video card (T400 has 2 video cards), it's not a big deal.

It's peppy, and looks good. I like some of the tips as well.
Like win+ -> and win + ^ as well. Also the PSR is handy - I've used it to send someone some instructions

(win, type psr.exe. it will record your session with comments.)

rfquinn, if you are looking for cd rom emulation, alchohol 52 free version works fine with win7,

also, I agree with both of you, it is awesome!

Cool...good to know.  I went with Virtual CloneDrive, and so far, so good.

i got it on my netbook, that shit screams!

magiciso also works on 7

I got a blue screen today, thanks to the sorry ass Novell client.  From the advice in the Novell forums, turning off file caching should fix the issue.  Man I hate Novell.

rfquinn - I got a blue screen today, thanks to the sorry ass Novell client.  From the advice in the Novell forums, turning off file caching should fix the issue.  Man I hate Novell.

yeah novell is a POS, imo...I supported it in my previous job, the client is a pain in the ass to troubleshoot.

I thought there was an optoin in win7 to install / run a program in legacy format, therefor running it under win vista/xp?

jave - I thought there was an optoin in win7 to install / run a program in legacy format, therefor running it under win vista/xp?

There is, and it does work for some applications, supposedly.  Applications that integrate heavily with the OS or at a hardware level don't seem to benefit from compatibility mode as much.