I Got da Blues man

Great doc on delta blues with dude from inxs...good jams 2

Another great doc  the blues Masters

Thank for the links. I am a big fan of the blues. I got couple old vinyl records of howling woof and lead belly. Raw shit 

sassen -

Thank for the links. I am a big fan of the blues. I got couple old vinyl records of howling woof and lead belly. Raw shit 

Then you'll like these documentaries

That doc actually starts with the Mississippi Hill Country Blues.  Those artists are known for using few chord changes and creating a hypnotic boogie.

My favorite Hill Country bluesmen are Mississippi Fred McDowell and R.L. Burnside. Also, I just learned to play Junior Kimbrough’s ‘Meet Me In the City.’  It’s a fun tune.

If you like that doc you should check out this one, too:

whaledog -

That doc actually starts with the Mississippi Hill Country Blues.  Those artists are known for using few chord changes and creating a hypnotic boogie.

My favorite Hill Country bluesmen are Mississippi Fred McDowell and R.L. Burnside. Also, I just learned to play Junior Kimbrough’s ‘Meet Me In the City.’  It’s a fun tune.

Kool

That's good stuff! For me, the 2 Kings are John "lighting" Hopkins and Son House. 

mongrel 911 -

That's good stuff! For me, the 2 Kings are John "lighting" Hopkins and Son House. 

Hopkins is da man

Death Star -

Hell yah...dude can play 

in

Sub!

whaledog -

that was good stuff

toelocku -
Death Star -

Hell yah...dude can play 

Saw him last weekend. Dude is great!

In

mongrel 911 -

Sam Lightnin’ Hopkins

He’s off the charts.  Try counting the beats to see when he changes chords.  He was notorious for changing when he felt like it.   A 12 bar blues might end up being 14 bars on one verse and 11 bars on another verse in the same song.  Yet he always sounds just right.

Pinetop perkins is a goody too and son house. Jack white reportedly bought the grave next to son house. Give your ears a treat and search an aussie guy called C.W Stone King. He is really truly something special. He aint blues per say i really couldn't define him. Blues/field hollaring/jazz/African. Just very diffrent. The odd thing is, that he is Australian but method actor. He speaks in real life with a deep south accent. 

..like Cody from Step By Step

viorage -

Blues thread! I'm in. Can't really beat buddy guy, every time I've seen him he's been unreal. Plays with the audience and has the energy of a 20 year old

Guy is excellent