I got my new umbrella!

It was a birthday gift from Mrs Ned, from James Smith and Sons Umbrella shop in London. We went to the shop last weekend and picked it out; and also got umbrellas for our nieces, but didn't want to bring them on the plane. I was worried they would make me check it. The gentlemen at the store were nice enough to ship it to my home.

Spectacular!

It is a wonderful more formal umbrella. It is a shame to get dressed nice, then have some sporty or childish umbrella.

Pure class.

I like the parrot head, very traditional.

Nice

very classy...

I never use umbrellas, although if I had such a majestic one I just might start. 

I got my first ever umbrella about two months ago. It was free at NAPA when I spent 50 dollars or more. 

It doesn’t have a parrot head handle. 

MayorPirkle -

I never use umbrellas, although if I had such a majestic one I just might start. 

This

Damn Ned, that's a nice umbrella.

Parrot head handle looks great.

Good buy.

EluThingol - 
MayorPirkle -

This

You can order them online if you want one from the shop in London. I think my next one is the T Rex.

https://www.james-smith.co.uk/product-category/umbrellas/

Oh, yeah, sure. But where were you during the poncho craze of eighty-four? I almost lost my house.

Internet - Damn Ned, that's a nice umbrella.

Good buy.

Thanks.

Several years ago they had an exhibition at the New York City Public Library where they had artifacts from classic childrens literature.

The original Pooh, Eeyore, Piglet, and Tigger dolls owned by AA Milne and Christopher Robin Milne.

Many original print copies of books, and all kinds of stuff.

They had a section dedicated to PL Travers who wrote Mary Poppins. The doll she owned that inspired the character, and also her umbrella....

Girly - 

Oh, yeah, sure. But where were you during the poncho craze of eighty-four? I almost lost my house.

I was pushing urban sombreros.

Image result for mary poppins im out gif

Zned -
Internet - Damn Ned, that's a nice umbrella.

Good buy.

Thanks.

Several years ago they had an exhibition at the New York City Public Library where they had artifacts from classic childrens literature.

The original Pooh, Eeyore, Piglet, and Tigger dolls owned by AA Milne and Christopher Robin Milne.

Many original print copies of books, and all kinds of stuff.

They had a section dedicated to PL Travers who wrote Mary Poppins. The doll she owned that inspired the character, and also her umbrella....

I bet she loved to use that umbrella in more ways than one

actually, that's a handsome umbrella. I'd probably opt for a mallard umbrella on amazon for around $80 though. 

ufc98newb - 

actually, that's a handsome umbrella. I'd probably opt for a mallard umbrella on amazon for around $80 though. 

Mallard is classy.

I'm a fan of the whangee cane handle myself. It's iconic in my head ... not sure why.

clattymine - 

I'm a fan of the whangee cane handle myself. It's iconic in my head ... not sure why.

They always remind me of a skeleton's finger.

Saw some that looked like Katanas that looked pretty cool

Cool.. Was it expensive?

We don't get much rain here so there wouldn't be much use for it :)

ferox - Cool.. Was it expensive?

We don't get much rain here so there wouldn't be much use for it :)

It was 125gbp