i guarantee redsox will win...

i guarantee that the RED SOX WINgame5 does anyone want to bet?

lol well him and the pitcher we got are more than enough to compensate for benson.

I don't think you can really talk about who has the better line-up or pitching until they play. I've been a Sox fan for a while, so I remember the Larussa managed A's teams of the late 80's-early 90's since they always beat the Red Sox in the playoffs. This is a team that had:

Ricky Henderson in his prime
Jose Canseco in his prime (first 40/40)
McGuire Young and talented (40+ dingers...)
Landsford (solid .300 hitter)
Dave Henderson (25-30+ HR)
Don Baylor (25-30+ HR)
Terry Steinbach (good hitting catcher/clutch)
Walt Weiss (rookie of the year)
(can't remember the 2b...)
Welch (first 25+ game in forever)
Dave Stewart (great 20+ winner who used to spank Clemens regularly in head-to-head match-us)
Dennis Eckersley (when he was untouchable)
ETC ETC

This A's team would consistently wreck all comers in the regular season and have the best record in the AL/MLB. They were always heavily favored against who they played in the WS and always looked far superior on paper. This team made it the WS 3 times... It got swept by the Reds and spanked by the Dodgers a la Kirk Gibson. If that LaRussa team got hammerred like that and history sets any precedent, then it's not looking good at all for the Cards who in comparison are far thinner with worse pitching. I guess we'll find out in a week though... ;)

I can't wait. I'm just pumped to be young and watching the Bo' Sox in the WS in a Boston bar. I can't take another game 7, but I guess I will if it means a Sox victory.

The Yanks had a strong line-up and were essentially silenced in games 4-7. The Yanks had Rivera who is much better than Isringhausen... I don't see that guy striking fear into the Boston line-up or any Cards pitcher for that matter. Cards aren't the healthiest either. I really like the Sox in this series. Poo Holes in Fenway does scare me a little though. I admit that I am completely biased and looking hopefully at this series. Taht's my rationale though... biased or not.

"im still NOT too confident in the SOX offensive production..MANNY needs to step it up, as well as several others.. "

yea they only lead the majors in runs scored this year - no matter what the names up front on the cards their offense isnt as good as the red sox

after edmonds they have the powerful units of matheny, taguchi & womack - doesnt exactly instill confidence in the bottom of the order

"yea they only lead the majors in runs scored this year - no matter what the names up front on the cards their offense isnt as good as the red sox"

I'm not arguing one way or another, but don't forget about the DH. Of course the Sox scored more runs.

they do lose the DH, but ortiz is only a lil worse at first than millar

oh well

its going to be interesting to see if the cards can figure out pedro

Well, Hawkeye, we'll see how the rest of the series goes, but being outscored 17-11 in two games while the other team commits 8 errors during those games is not a good case for them having a better O.

Just wanted to highlight my prohetic words:

I don't think you can really talk about who has the better line-up or pitching until they play. I've been a Sox fan for a while, so I remember the Larussa managed A's teams of the late 80's-early 90's since they always beat the Red Sox in the playoffs. This is a team that had:
Ricky Henderson in his prime Jose Canseco in his prime (first 40/40) McGuire Young and talented (40+ dingers...) Landsford (solid .300 hitter) Dave Henderson (25-30+ HR) Don Baylor (25-30+ HR) Terry Steinbach (good hitting catcher/clutch) Walt Weiss (rookie of the year) (can't remember the 2b...) Welch (first 25+ game in forever) Dave Stewart (great 20+ winner who used to spank Clemens regularly in head-to-head match-us) Dennis Eckersley (when he was untouchable) ETC ETC

This A's team would consistently wreck all comers in the regular season and have the best record in the AL/MLB. They were always heavily favored against who they played in the WS and always looked far superior on paper. This team made it the WS 3 times... It got swept by the Reds and spanked by the Dodgers a la Kirk Gibson. If that LaRussa team got hammerred like that and history sets any precedent, then it's not looking good at all for the Cards who in comparison are far thinner with worse pitching. I guess we'll find out in a week though... ;)

I can't wait. I'm just pumped to be young and watching the Bo' Sox in the WS in a Boston bar. I can't take another game 7, but I guess I will if it means a Sox victory.

The Yanks had a strong line-up and were essentially silenced in games 4-7. The Yanks had Rivera who is much better than Isringhausen... I don't see that guy striking fear into the Boston line-up or any Cards pitcher for that matter. Cards aren't the healthiest either. I really like the Sox in this series. Poo Holes in Fenway does scare me a little though. I admit that I am completely biased and looking hopefully at this series. Taht's my rationale though... biased or not.

All through the post-season I've been saying that powerhouse LaRussa teams always get spanked. Espcially when they have no pitching.