I guess it's Pendred fighting CM Punk

No chance. No AC would license that fight. And Pendred is at welterweight.

it is probably April Fools Day in Ireland or something.

they are not going to match punk with a total noob..if the noob wins its a TOTAL WASTE...they need to match him with someone that punk can beat, but if punk loses, the UFC still gets value out of it...thats pendred

Kirik -

Ireland's in the northern hemisphere... It's April Fools day in Australia right now... Phone Post 3.0

No way an AC would let that fight happen Phone Post 3.0

Shouldn't even be sanctioned

ACs are driven by money...they allowed concussed fighters to fight on a short turnaround on TUF...it just takes some convincing

Seems like another fighter using the Punk signing to get some publicity. Pretty good idea really Phone Post 3.0

No AC would allow this.

Punk is a 5 time world champion. What has Pendred done? Phone Post 3.0

Personally, I dont think he'll ever fight in the octagon.  I think this is a publicity stunt to get WWE fans interested in MMA again.  Punk will come out 6- 8 months from now and say these guys are just too good...or he'll get injured, but he'll remain involved in the company in some type of promotional capacity.

Nothing against Pendred but that seems like a waste of Punks debut if you look at it honestly there have been a lot of claims about loss of revenue and viewers lately for the UFC so the need to make the most out of him especially as he could be one and done.

I would guess a big U.S. holiday type show on PPV with a similar level opposition to at least try and get a few fights out of him and get some new viewers you would think they want as much out of him as they can.

i am not a Punk fan but it would seem common sense to get the most out of him you can rather than getting him destroyed and not fighting again use him as an attraction or at least use him to give a guy they think is going to be something special a push.

My 2 cents.

i don't see this being the fight at all. Dana said he will be fighting a guy with similar experience which makes the most sense. No way they feed him to a guy who was a champion in another organisation before he came to the UFC.

If it is the fight, and it doesn't happen in the US then the AC issue is irrelevant. Punk's first fight won't be overseas, so that's another reason I don't see Cathal being the one.

Interesting though......

So the UFC is now bringing in guys with 1 fight or so? I don't mean Punk, I mean a newbie opponent as is being suggested. What happened to Super Bowl of MMA? I get it the women at 115 pounds have no one else to fight so there's a bunch of them with between 1 fight and 3 fights heading into TUF. But you're telling me now all you need to get into the UFC is a single fight (Punk excluded we know he's there to sell pay per views not on the merit of his competitive accomplishments)? At least Kimbo wen tout there and got some wins before arriving in the UFC. Brock went out there and along with his wrestling pedigree, he showed he was a force by winning outside the UFC. Toney had 80 professional fights when he fought Randy. Meanwhile a guy named Askren can't' make the top 100 welterweights in the UFC yet he's undefeated and ranked #4 in the world.

The Loge -
Kirik -

Ireland's in the northern hemisphere... It's April Fools day in Australia right now... Phone Post 3.0
It's about time somebody with half a clue made a post here. Thank you sir, voted up Phone Post 3.0

lol not a chance unless it's UFC Guam. Even Brazil's roadside stand AC would say no to this.

you guys really think the ufc is going to put CM in there with a nobody? they wont. if the nobody wins, its a complete waste. 

Shannon the cannin ritch would be a good first opponent. Or Dan the wolfman Phone Post

Dana is blowing up this man's phone as we speak.

lol @punk having more than a 1% chance of beating Pendred.

CormierCumminsideme -

Get Dave Lang to fight CM Punk. Fake blackbelt vs. real brown belt?

I don't see a real brown belt in that matchup Phone Post 3.0

And I'm afraid to say this... But Lang as more bjj experience then punk for fuck sakes. He's just not a real black belt. Phone Post 3.0