I had a couple bad CONCUSSIONS when I was a kid

Both times from falling and hitting my head on a hard surface. I remember seeing stars from one and ended up puking my guts out after. I wonder if these types of injuries always leave a lasting effect

I wouldn't worry about it. I had two concussions also andhbbjsjb hhsbjsjsbs s jhjbb Baajaba fine 

I've had atleast 10+ concussions, easy. 95% of them coming while playing Jr. Hockey.

Worst one was suffered off the ice however, when falling out of a truck and cracking my skull on pavement. I did the smart thing that night and tried to drink the pain away.

I'm 35 now and suffer from long and short term memory loss. I'm certain more symptoms will come with time as well. No Ragrats!

I've had four, possibly five with no seeming ill effects that I know of. Had another friend have one bad one, go into a coma for a couple days and was never the same though.

I've had 4 growing up. One pretty bad one. I've always wondered myself if there was any long term effects.

Nothing you can do about it now, might as well keep huffing paint.

unoiwantsomkolad - Both times from falling and hitting my head on a hard surface. I remember seeing stars from one and ended up puking my guts out after. I wonder if these types of injuries always leave a lasting effect

I wasn't going to say anything, but you're slurring your typing consistently.

I met Mat Hoffman, Lord of Concussions and Bicycles, and he seemed like a guy with a some brain damage.

Is it a symptom of concussions to capitalize words unnecessarily?

Be careful, I know a guy who got concussed one time an now he's gay ??

The freaky thing we're starting to understand in neurodegenerative disease now is that there's a lot of cross talk between disorders. Virtually all neurodegenerative diseases can be described as proteinopathies or protein-pathologies or protein disorders. 

If your cell's DNA is its coding then your proteins are the building blocks of your cell that your DNA codes for. These building blocks have to be carefully shaped and placed to properly function and when they mishape or misfold, shit goes awry. Depending on which protein or building block misfolds and fucks up, you get various diseases as the new shapes are prone to clumping together or aggregating. Even worse, the fuckers spread, triggering more and more misfolding and clumping together with more and more proteins across your brain.

e.g. Parkinson's / DementiaLB / MSA = Alpha synuclein

Alzheimer's = Tau and Amyloid Beta

ALS = SOD1 (although this is a rarer form)

And what we're now realizing is that beyond different proteins potentially cross-seeding / cross-misfolding / cross-aggregating with each other to potentially trigger alternative diseases, there are even common proteins that seem to misfold in a variety of diseases -- like TDP-43. 

TDP-43 misfolds when people have frontotemporal dementia, ALS and even CTE, the concussion related disorder. Which was basically my long winded way of saying, concussions may trigger a lot of related neurodegenerative diseases and just generally suck. Don't overthink it, but try not to get anymore lol 

checkuroil -

I wouldn't worry about it. I had two concussions also andhbbjsjb hhsbjsjsbs s jhjbb Baajaba fine 

hahahaha. I laughed way harder than was reasonable at this.  Thanks.

checkuroil -

Good post.