I HATE Bioware

jesus.

SPOILERS- if you have not played, don't read.

playing Male Light Side, you save the Republic, rescue the girl from her own evil nature, beat the hell out of Darth Malak after freeing his power sources....

and all you get is a stupid ass victory speech so Bioware can make you buy the sequel, which may or may not even answer your questions?

that's lame as FUCKING HELL!

I am not much of a Star Wars fan, but that's like taking Return of the Jedi and splicing in footage of Episode I Anakin and Jar Jar for the ending.

where's the afterplot tie-up?

shouldn't there be foreshadowing on how do you and Basila deal with the fact you're trying to do the whole love thing in a Jedi Order that rejects it, yet you've got the obvious fact you got her to help save the fucking battle in part by letting her take a whack at you and spouting mushy drivel to make her all googlyeyed? So what the fuck are the Jedi gonna say? No, you shoulda lightsabered her? "No, don't kill your opponent unless you have to!" "But you can't love either!"

what's up with that? how do they resolve that paradox?

by the way, a 3D sex scene of her putting on and pulling up those Sith robes and showing it all to you while in the apres-victory party hotel should have been added to a director's cut version as a joke, but I digress. (kiddin')

I also have just discovered I have a girls in a semi-German uniform fetish after looking at some of the Sith girls, thanks a lot for that unneeded bit of knowledge Bioware.

I sold those damn frog thingies to the guy on the water world, what happened there? do they take over the damn world?

what happens to old Jedi man? He was a bit of comic relief, at least.

what about Canderous? where's he off to to meet interesting people and kill them now that you've knocked the Sith off? Is he going to go after you next, since you killed Malak and you're pretty much the biggest badass in the galaxy at this point?

I loved HK-47, and that brings up an unfortunate part of the game. The lack of goddamned humor besides the old Jedi telling stories and HK-47 calling people meatbags.

why can't both the light side and dark side have appropriately humorous and correctly sided responses?

do people not tell jokes there? If you try and do a humorous response you often lose light side points for it, except when you are doing it to deflect negative attention.

if you're a Jedi Consular with 18 persuasion, shouldn't you be able to crack a joke now and then?

look at the old Jedi, not all Jedi have a bug up their butt.

choosing between being goody two-shoes always say good things Jedi and insane mass-murdering always threaten Sith is a little confining.

where's the Han Solo type?

I could never bring up the attack on the Cat Jedi, so what was up with that? Where'd she go as well?

where was Mission's brother? I searched all over the damn place.

at least you got some of Z's background.

nothing at all about the little R2D2 like droid, though. :(

also, all the talkative people on board the ship pretty much shut up and say nothing by the time you are on the Sith world and then later on. They should have been commenting more.

tip- if you have the PC version, go to Yavin a few times between your quests, and before you go to the place the Star Maps lead you. You can get some badass special saber crystals that fit in a colored stone slot yet give you serious attack power in your lightsabers if you save the shopkeeper from attack. You pretty much need those to win, so morgage your shit to get it.

and no, you can't get past the security panels on Yavin, no matter how hard I've tried.

the world is ALMOST too linear, but the story you get out of it is so good in general you can deal with it, at least until the sucky ass ending.

MEGA SPOILERS- if you have not played, don't read.

the one TRUE masterstroke the game had was making you Darth Revan in your past life. I never, ever saw that coming, although I suspected something was suspicious. That opened the way for some serious fun, since you can choose either side and still be correct.

in contrast, you automatically knew after the love conversations that Basila was going to turn on you, and the game was just waiting on a deux ex machina to let them do it.

all the in-game talk about it was good foreshadowing though, especially the datapads with the three Jedi hunting the terraneks.

I vote for replacing the Episode III guys with whatever team Bioware got to do this.

double post

I've always been disappointed with the ends of rpgs like KOTOR. I dunno what they could do to make me happy after playing 40+ hours but that non-ending certainly isn't it.

here's an idea - when you're pounding some sense into Basila, you should be able to say something like "This is going to hurt me more than it hurts you". It's light side, it's funny cause it's true.

why can't there be more of that in the game?

That deal of you being Revan was genius. I was like, how can I, an adult in the Star Wars universe be kicking so much ass as a Jedi, when everybody else has to be in the order from childhood? Thinking that quite a bit, and I still never saw that twist coming.

I'm also pretty happy with my gaming brethren, you guys included, as I was never tipped off by anybody.

Pat yourselves on the back and pass me a beer, damnit.

Yeah, I loved that you were Revan, I can usually spot a twist a mile away and thinking back it made so much sense, I loved it.

I also hated that I couldn't say some of the funnier things in the game cause it would hurt my light side rating. Great game, very addicting (haven't played a game in marathon segments like that for a long time) but certainly some problems.