I hate conditioning

The usual conditioning exercises that is.

I hate the treadmil, or running for that matter.

Only type of running I enjoy are sprints.

I hate the bike, I hate stairs, and the eliptical is mindnumbing.

Only thing I enjoy is MMA - specifically grappling.

Here's my problem:

My contract is almost up with my current gym and I need to shop around before jumping into another contract. My wife and I are expecting our second kid and unfortunately I can't afford what I pay now for MMA. So it's going to be a few months before I get to train with someone at a gym.

But that's neither here nor there.

What home workouts have people come up with that will keep me in good "MMA" condition?

All I can think of:

Burpees
Jump Rope
Shadowboxing
Shadowgrappling (shrimps, bridges, etc)

Any sites you guys can point me to will also be appreciated.

Why are you shopping around for another gym? Its rare that someone would change Dojo's just to save a few bucks if they've been going there for a while

Stop being such a baby, sure cardio is boring . . . bring a book or music. Or simply stare at women's asses and whisper 'this too shall pass' over and over . . .

turducken - 
Gorilla Grip - Why are you shopping around for another gym? Its rare that someone would change Dojo's just to save a few bucks if they've been going there for a while

yea that is very weird.  why dont you just go talk to the instructor and tell him you are expecting a kid and cant afford to sign another contract but youd like to continue training.  i cant think of any gym owner who wouldnt work out some kind of temporary solution to help you out

It's not a few bucks, really. I pay $200/month. I would like to pay about half that and I know there are a few gyms in the area that I could afford.

Thing is my current gym is a MMA gym so I don't blame them for charging what they do. They've had several fighters make it to the big shows and several have also placed in ADCC.

It's a good gym but I just can't afford it anymore. And I don't see them compromising to the price I'm willing to pay from now on.

Now I'm looking for more of a pure BJJ gym or atleast somewhere that I can sign up for grappling only.

- HarryLime - Stop being such a baby, sure cardio is boring . . . bring a book or music. Or simply stare at women's asses and whisper 'this too shall pass' over and over . . .

Yeah that's my future it seems. Thankfully I still have some time left on my contract. Trying to make the best of it.