I hate where I live

I've lived in southeast Texas my entire life. Within the past few years I've grown to really dislike it. The weather is shit. It's basically a big ass swamp. It's not pretty here, and I'm generally repulsed by hillbillies and/or hicks. I'm still here because of family and work. My job pays too much to leave and my grandparents on both sides are getting REALLY old and need more help every day. Not sure I can stomach living here forever. I try to talk to my wife and mom about this and they dont really care apparently. Anyone else hate where they live?

Are all those things you listed worth hating life?

Life is short. Get the fuck out

papa pump -

Are all those things you listed worth hating life?

Life is short. Get the fuck out

Oh I should've said I'm not miserable. I'm happy for the most part but it's definitely something that bothers me. If not for me I want my kids to experience some place beautiful

First figure out where you'd like to go, then research the job market in whatever field you're in. 

Feel it out... spend less time here and more time researching your possibilities 

What area of the country calls out to you ? What type of terrain, activities, and climate are you seeking ?

SETX isn't that bad. Job market/cost of living is practically impossible to beat. 

The scenery does suck here though

Familiarity breeds contempt. That's a state of mind can change. If you're otherwise happy, I would make it a mission to find the beauty nearby.

FWIW, hicks are everywhere, especially anywhere you would go that's definitively beautiful. You have to go deep into urban centers to get away from them, & even that's no guarantee.

Bassboats Budlight -

I live in Colo and feel the same way.  Ill finally be moving this coming summer.

East Texas would be great for me to visit, bass fishing is my thing.

I grew up in the north east and was fucking miserable until I moved to Colorado. 

I moved out here with little research and it wound up being better in every way.

Generally speaking change is good and I support anyone who wants to make a big change. Move, do it, be happy. 

Move up hear in the NE. The weather is great this time of year.

fastnotch331 - What area of the country calls out to you ? What type of terrain, activities, and climate are you seeking ?

Some place with little humidity and a little bit of snow. Preferably near mountains or even the Texas hill country would be great. Or north Texas... idk man

Bassboats Budlight -

I live in Colo and feel the same way.  Ill finally be moving this coming summer.

East Texas would be great for me to visit, bass fishing is my thing.

Bro east Texas is not far from where I live and and you're better off in Colorado. Sure the bass fishing is good but there's really not too much else

tonyromosbackspasm -

SETX isn't that bad. Job market/cost of living is practically impossible to beat. 

Yea I somehow landed a job at a plant that pays ridiculously well. No degree. I just started my 5th year here and after that I can start looking for another operations job since most places require 5 years or more of experience. What city are you in? 

trobinson21 -
doyouevenufc -

I've lived in southeast Texas my entire life. Within the past few years I've grown to really dislike it. The weather is shit. It's basically a big ass swamp. It's not pretty here, and I'm generally repulsed by hillbillies and/or hicks. I'm still here because of family and work. My job pays too much to leave and my grandparents on both sides are getting REALLY old and need more help every day. Not sure I can stomach living here forever. I try to talk to my wife and mom about this and they dont really care apparently. Anyone else hate where they live?

You are a grown man, fucking move to San Francisco you can blow all the dudes you want to free of the fear of cousin Scooter finding out.

I got a pretty good chuckle from this. Thanks

BarkLikeADog - Familiarity breeds contempt. That's a state of mind can change. If you're otherwise happy, I would make it a mission to find the beauty nearby.

FWIW, hicks are everywhere, especially anywhere you would go that's definitively beautiful. You have to go deep into urban centers to get away from them, & even that's no guarantee.

Yea you're right about hicks. Just seems like because I'm in setx they're a little more flagrant about it. I just don't get the concept of reveling in being a poor, grimy, obnoxious douche bag. Also, there is a bit of beauty here and there. Village creek is a nice place when the white trash isn't turning into a dumpster in the summer. Also the beach is just pure serenity for my wife and I. Other than that...

doyouevenufc -
fastnotch331 - What area of the country calls out to you ? What type of terrain, activities, and climate are you seeking ?

Some place with little humidity and a little bit of snow. Preferably near mountains or even the Texas hill country would be great. Or north Texas... idk man

Nw tx or sw ok sounds like what you want. Just beware snakes and scorpions aren't a joke .

Not opposed to moving out of state. I know OK is nice but Id prefer to stay here if possible. I like Texas, just not this area. Wonder If there are many plants/refineries out that way

doyouevenufc -
tonyromosbackspasm -

Yea I somehow landed a job at a plant that pays ridiculously well. No degree. I just started my 5th year here and after that I can start looking for another operations job since most places require 5 years or more of experience. What city are you in? 

I'm in the orange area, out in the woods lol

i do work at a plant in PA though.

id love to live in Colorado, I plan to retire there. But for now this is my home where I can make a good living  and have a nice life.

doyouevenufc -
BarkLikeADog - Familiarity breeds contempt. That's a state of mind can change. If you're otherwise happy, I would make it a mission to find the beauty nearby.

Yea you're right about hicks. Just seems like because I'm in setx they're a little more flagrant about it. I just don't get the concept of reveling in being a poor, grimy, obnoxious douche bag. Also, there is a bit of beauty here and there. Village creek is a nice place when the white trash isn't turning into a dumpster in the summer. Also the beach is just pure serenity for my wife and I. Other than that...

The beach in SETX sucks.. village creek is nice. Toledo/Sam is close enough for a nice close getaway. I need to get out in the big thicket more often 

ITS GODDAMN -30c HERE NOW SHUT YOUR COCK HOLSTER, GET OUTSIDE AND SHOOT A GUN!!

*Looks around for BWS

tonyromosbackspasm -
doyouevenufc -

The beach in SETX sucks.. village creek is nice. Toledo/Sam is close enough for a nice close getaway. I need to get out in the big thicket more often 

Just outside lumberton city limits here. I know it's not a perfect beach but it's nice enough for me. I just like being out there. Not so much swimming in the brownish water lol. But yea plant jobs just pay too well to bail out on. Where else can you work only half the year, sleep, cook ridiculous meals AND make 6 figures? Now im wondering if you work at our sister plant