I HEARD ROGERS IS IN GREAT SHAPE. pics?

joe bruce - Josh hardly fights anymore and he looked terrible in his last fight. You guys are giving him wayyyy too much credit

He didnt look great against Yvel, and Rogers at this point is better than Yvel.

Im sure, being the experienced pro Barnett is, he trained himself fully for this fight.

Brett is a great guy and a fun fighter to watch.
I am still picking Barnett to win in pretty dominant fashion but I would not be at all surprised if Brett puts one of those hands on Josh and takes the KO win.

I really like every guy in this tournament and would love to see any of them walk away with the championship.

Chimonos Revenge - 
joe bruce - Josh hardly fights anymore and he looked terrible in his last fight. You guys are giving him wayyyy too much credit

He didnt look great against Yvel, and Rogers at this point is better than Yvel.

Im sure, being the experienced pro Barnett is, he trained himself fully for this fight.
In what ways is Rogers better than Yvel?

Please tell me that is not the official poster. That is clearly Bobby Lashley's body.

He does look to be in a lot better shape:

was rogers hinting that he took illegal substances

hope he fukin ko's Josh

but i dont really see it happening

chokeyou - 
bhealthy - a man who up till now had NO CAPOIERA background barely losing to fedor would be a wake up call to most, barnett is in trouble.

CAPOIERA is the key to BRETT VS. JOSH?

Are you serious?

Rogers by electric boogaloo.

rogers was 256, he had to cut to 265 in the past, probably a good 20 lbs lighter

Arachnoid - It doesn't matter what kind of shape he's in. He does NOT have the skills sets or the mental aptitude to beat Josh. Can imagine trying to get him to work a game plan? He's a tough guy, but come on...he changes fucking tires for a living.

Not that Rogers has every struck me as being highly intelligent or a smart game-planner, but what is wrong with someone changing tires for a living? I know people who are out of work engineers, architects, and a biologist who are making barely above minimum wage in retail due to the economy collapsing (no one is building new buildings anymore, or putting as much money into research). Say what you will about Rogers' intelligence but using his former vocation as an argument is fucking ignorant.

When is the last time Barnett fought ?! Who was his last opponent ?! Ring rust can be a bitch.

Josh "Baby Trace Assassin " Phone Post

Arachnoid - It doesn't matter what kind of shape he's in. He does NOT have the skills sets or the mental aptitude to beat Josh. Can imagine trying to get him to work a game plan? He's a tough guy, but come on...he changes fucking tires for a living.

And Matt Hughes fed livestock for a living. Your point is?

Moving on. I think that while Rogers doesn't have nearly as expansive of a skill set, he has 3 things going for him.

1. Barnett hasn't fought in a while.
2. Rogers packs a BIG punch.
3. He's in better shape than ever, most likely due to his new Capoiera thing. Say what you want, that shit gives you cardio and stronger legs to throw with power.

Besides that, I think that Barnett should be the favorite, but being 100% sure that Barnett wins? NOTHING IN MMA IS A 100% LOCK. If you don't know that by now, you aren't as much of an elite MMA fan as you portray.

Being 100% sure of the result of this fight is either due to a dislike for Rogers, a man crush on Barnett, or a bunch of bullshit "I knew who Barnett was in Pride, so he's DEFINITELY better than every current fighter" psychobabble. 100% sure. Wow. This sport was BUILT on upsets.

Brett seems like a good guy. He's come a long way.

Barnett has one of the most well rounded games in heavyweight history.

If Josh's head is in it i don't see him losing.

Kakkarotto_san - Josh will be smart and take him down and submit him fairly easily.

We got ourselves Nostradamus right here.

Arachnoid - Weird...Rogers got schooled.

Maybe he can give all you 10'ers his employee discount.

Looks like I would have won some money.

All the Rogerstards dead quiet. Shhhhhhhhhhh

Jweinberg -  I heard Brett Rogers turned down a scholarship to MIT because of a sick parent.  Very well spoken, a true ambassador to the human race.

Such a ambassador...

BilboBagOnYoAss - 
Jweinberg -  I heard Brett Rogers turned down a scholarship to MIT because of a sick parent.  Very well spoken, a true ambassador to the human race.

Such a ambassador...

Sometimes diplomacy fails, and the use of force is justified.

Great Shape...