I hope we never lose this ...

Pride has provided some larger than life moments. The sheer majesty of the promotion is awe inspiring at times.

Cheers to boondock for making this highlight.

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/FElSvA-qrog&quot;&gt;&lt;/param&gt;&lt;param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param></object>

-jk

UFC has some big shoes to fill. I don't see the new Pride reaching the epic proportions of Pride under DSE.

Show me some UFC highlights that gives you the chills like this one. For me it's just heavy metal roid rage headbanging.

"Whose-a-gunna-get-knocked-out, this is the ul-ti-mate"

^^^ utter garbage compared to boondock + DSE pride.

-jk

"omg here come the liberal whining "tributes""

The only thing liberal is the amount of KY in your ass when Dana makes you his girlfriend every night.

"omg here come the liberal whining "tributes"" what??

anyways.. boondock rules.

Unified rules = one step down for me. Less places to hide in pride.

-jk

Jump Kick: Except in the guard, you can hide all day there with no elbows.

^^^ that is untill the guy stands up and stomps you in the face lol.

Come one dude, elbows are pansy shit compaired to soccer kicks.

you people want to talk about "real" fighting?

okay, let's talk about how 90% of the time how when a guy tries a flying stomp, he gets double up-kicked in the freakin' nuts.

no steel thai cups in the real world. i guess pride isn't real fighting.

please stfu. you prefer pride's old format. we get it. now you need to get that this preference thing you're so hung up on is a matter of asthetic taste and nothing to do with "more real" vs. "less real".

you don't like nu-metal?

guess what? nobody does. it's called the "mute" button. i find it very useful while watching hbo boxing. find it on your remote and use it.

mma is mma. rules vary from promotion to promotion, but the old days are gone forever. there are no high-level athletes fighting in real vale tudo. so you can either watch bums headbutt each other in a closed guard, or you can watch real athletes compete under limited rules engagements.

nobody's forcing you to watch anything.

and crying for the past is just pathetic. things change. people change, interest rates fluctuate. you change, too; or you get left behind and become a useless relic that the new generation laughs at.

Slapping a camera on the refs was a great move. Those shots are about as good as it gets.

Does anyone have contacts in Japan? How are they taking the takeover?

Bet they must be pissed!

What about Chuck's TapouT entrance when he fought Randy the first time? Epic.

Not being adaptable to change will curb your career and life opportunities...

LOL, need a sound clip of a recruiment drive ad from Starship troopers right about now...

You know how I know Pride fans are gay?

Because they like highlight videos with Coldplay music.

-(40-year-old Virgin joke before anyone jumps down my throat)

No problem adapting to changes guys. Paying tribute to the best MMA promotion ever.

"things change. people change, interest rates fluctuate. you change, too; or you get left behind and become a useless relic that the new generation laughs at."

Things do change, and often times, when they change for the worse, people like you forget about the past and forget about the majesty.

-jk

"Jump Kick: Except in the guard, you can hide all day there with no elbows."

I said less places, so "except" nothing Kai.

-jk

That was a cool highlight.

But LOL at anyone who thinks a UFC highlight couldn't look as good.  I mean Tank was in that highlight.  The UFC has had epic matches, huge upsets and can match anything that Pride has done.  Penn/Hughes 1, Randy/Rizzo 1, Hughes/GSP 2, Sylvia/Couture, Chuck/Randy I, II & III, Arlovski/Rizzo, and so on...

I think both organisations are great and deserve equal recognition. Pride has been awesome. Hopefully Pride will continue to be awesome under new management.

Elvis

"Third man" nice concept, well executed. Thanks.

"But LOL at anyone who thinks a UFC highlight couldn't look as good. I mean Tank was in that highlight. The UFC has had epic matches, huge upsets and can match anything that Pride has done. Penn/Hughes 1, Randy/Rizzo 1, Hughes/GSP 2, Sylvia/Couture, Chuck/Randy I, II & III, Arlovski/Rizzo, and so on..."

Elvis, please post a UFC highlight that is just as good. I'm curious.

and crying for the past is just pathetic. things change. people change, interest rates fluctuate. you change, too; or you get left behind and become a useless relic that the new generation laughs at.

True.

True.