I hope we never lose this ...

Cool vid. I love the ref-cam.

I like both promotions. I truly enjoy the majesty of a Pride show, but I also love heavy metal so I don't know what to tell you.

"
and crying for the past is just pathetic. things change. people change, interest rates fluctuate. you change, too; or you get left behind and become a useless relic that the new generation laughs at."

yep. that's called bandwagon jumping. Pathetic and shows lack of Budo. If something was good before, we just forget about it? Why learn about the greatness of the Egyptians or the Greeks? I guess they are useless relics too?

DOUCHE.

This is a great highlight video for sure. I really hope UFC starts using the referee cam because its a great perspective.

That being said, this video might as well be entitled "RIP PRIDE". As great as some of the fights from Pride were, I am SUPER excited at the possibility of a joint show with nothing but superfights.

For those of you who are mourning over the loss of your beloved Pride. Think about how great this is for the evolution of MMA that the best fighters in the world are going to finally come together. I'm so excited I feel like I just won the title.

Interesting point... I believe Caged Combat 1 (the event I fought in, in Australia) may have been the first to use a Ref cam.  Great to see Pride take this achievement and go with it.  Hopefully the new pride can take another great idea from Caged Combat 1, the Agressometer and go with that and set a new standard across the globe.

Elvis

"Agressometer"

What's this?

-jk

Great video. In my opinion the UFC has not been able to come close to the production that Pride has. I watch the UFC and nothing they do builds up the anticipation like the Pride introductions at the start of their events.

Pride shows always gave the fighters the air of being "Larger than Life", like two legendary titans ready to battle it out. The UFC always gives the same intro, the short fighter interviws, the tale of the tape, the fight, the thank the sponsors and the never ending of showing the celebs in the crowd, not too exciting.

Great highlight. Hey I've enjoyed both organizataions over the years but Pride has had the biggest fights.

Now we'll have superfight events that will be even bigger. That'll be good. Otherwise I really hope Pride stays very much the way it is. We got some freakshow matchups (which isn't any different to me than having TUF fighters crush cans) but they always made up for it with MORE fights per event and some of the most killer matchups.

If they'll just re-allow knee strikes I honestly believe that's an acceptable compromise for nearly everybody. I'm just tired of fighters using sloppy takedown attempts to avoid the striking game, which is fairly prevalent in the UFC.

That's what he meant when he said less places to hide in Pride. 100% agree. If you have a big hole in your game, you can gameplan around it EASIER in the UFC than in Pride.

evilyoshida, a few things-

1.) i know you like to feel like you're some kind of educator, but guess what? people already know about pride.

2.) did you really just compare the accomplishments of two the greatest civilizations of the ancient world to a for-profit entertainment company that puts on limited-rules engagements? really? the greeks, the cornerstone of western cvilization, are on par with the dse-run pride in terms of things that have affected the course of western civilization? that's very interesting. i'm sure the guys that invented democracy, mathematics, formal logic, etc. would be very interested to hear that.

3.) lack of budo? bandwagon jumping? really? you have more honor than others because you enjoy one slightly different version of a sport over another?

let me tell you something jerky- the important thing that's going on in any given fight is the fight itself. everything else is window dressing. if you don't get that, i am 100% positive that you are a closeted queer that's watching mma to achieve what passes for an erection in your sad little world.

and it's not bandwagon jumping unless you were only watching the sport becasue it was "trendy" or similar. i watch mma, just like i watch boxing, kickboxing, the wcl, amateur wrestling and the rest, whenever i can. pride was cute, and put on good fights, but them folding up their tent and selling it off affects me not at all. if you have that mnuch emotion invested in a singular mma production, you're either not an mma fan, or you literally have nothing meaningful in your life other than this arbitrary thing you used to try to give your pathetic existence meaning.

i'm a douche? coming from your sad ass, that's a compliment of the highest order.

oh, some sad little faggot doesn't like me? i must be doing something right.

lol

ttt

LOL@Donkeypunch! And that's at you, not with...

I wanted to cry when they showed Igor getting kicked by CroCop...:-(

"Elvis, please post a UFC highlight that is just as good. I'm curious."

Sadly I only watch the ones that are posted.  I don't go youtube, or google video, or whatever other options there are to find them.  I also don't make highlight videos.  I had to commission someone to make mine.  A good highlight video is a testament to the person who makes, not to the content.  I have no doubt if the same person who made the Pride highlight put the same effort in, he could make one for the UFC that would be just as good.

My point is that BOTH shows have had some stellar matches, upsets and results.  I am not jock riding either.  I am jock riding MMA. Not that it matters sinces Pride and UFC are one... There can only be one...

Elvis

LOL

"evilyoshida, a few things- 1.) i know you like to feel like you're some kind of educator, but guess what? people already know about pride.

2.) did you really just compare the accomplishments of two the greatest civilizations of the ancient world to a for-profit entertainment company that puts on limited-rules engagements? really? the greeks, the cornerstone of western cvilization, are on par with the dse-run pride in terms of things that have affected the course of western civilization? that's very interesting. i'm sure the guys that invented democracy, mathematics, formal logic, etc. would be very interested to hear that.

3.) lack of budo? bandwagon jumping? really? you have more honor than others because you enjoy one slightly different version of a sport over another?

let me tell you something jerky- the important thing that's going on in any given fight is the fight itself. everything else is window dressing. if you don't get that, i am 100% positive that you are a closeted queer that's watching mma to achieve what passes for an erection in your sad little world.

and it's not bandwagon jumping unless you were only watching the sport becasue it was "trendy" or similar. i watch mma, just like i watch boxing, kickboxing, the wcl, amateur wrestling and the rest, whenever i can. pride was cute, and put on good fights, but them folding up their tent and selling it off affects me not at all. if you have that mnuch emotion invested in a singular mma production, you're either not an mma fan, or you literally have nothing meaningful in your life other than this arbitrary thing you used to try to give your pathetic existence meaning.

i'm a douche? coming from your sad ass, that's a compliment of the highest order.

oh, some sad little faggot doesn't like me? i must be doing something right."

Hey tough guy.

You just typed a bunch of crap. Look at your lengthy dissertation, it's a failure.

You said that remembering Pride for its former greatness is pathetic. Or in your words "crying for the past"

Well let me tell you something Honey.

When the past was more glorious than the present, then you have every right to bitch.

UFC has already changed Pride's rules. They took away Pride's stomps, knees, and soccer kicks. They also took away Pride's 10 min. first round. If you are happy about that, then you're a pussy. Anybody who argues against knees on the ground should watch ping pong. MMA is not hte right sport for you.

If you love MMA, and care about its future, you would argue FOR the inclusion of a fuller set of MMA rules, especially knees on the ground. Unless you like people stalling in the turtle position or going for shitty shots. Knowing you HOSSY, I woudn't be surprised if you did. Once agin, I will call you a douche.

"For me it's just heavy metal roid rage headbanging."

Again EY, do I need to remind you about Kevin Randleman and his animal piss?

The new Pride owners will do what they have to to make money just like any business. The product is big in Japan and that is where the money is for this promotion.
I don't think we will see any huge changes. I think the last thing they will want to do is alienate the Japanese fanbase. It doesn't make sense. This will not be UFC Japan I don't think. I could be wrong, but I think it will continue pretty much as is the only difference will be access to UFC's roster and vice versa.
I am thinking positive. It could be good for the fans in both countries.

The new Pride owners will do what they have to to make money just like any business. The product is big in Japan and that is where the money is for this promotion.
I don't think we will see any huge changes. I think the last thing they will want to do is alienate the Japanese fanbase. It doesn't make sense. This will not be UFC Japan I don't think. I could be wrong, but I think it will continue pretty much as is the only difference will be access to UFC's roster and vice versa.
I am thinking positive. It could be good for the fans everywhere.

good vid