I just signed up at Tom Denny's Gym

The guy seems really laid back and cool despite his wild image. Im taking his submission class and kickboxing. I took quite a few years of tae kwon do as a kid but im new to the whole MMA thing. The subs class is freaking amazing,dont know why anybody would want to not the learn the ground game. Anyway i threw a traditional tkd front kick using the ball of my foot and caught my opponents knee as he was just throwing a kick (sparring) and fracturesd a small bone in my foot,lesson learned.Cant wait to go back in a few weeks!

ask tom to see his eat at denny's sign...

Why'd you choose that patrticular gym, just curious? There are so many great gyms in Orange County

Its a half hour drive just to denny's gym. Im near victorville. OC would be way too far. I like that there were only a few guys on the mat in teh subs class and kickboxing, might get better instruction that way. Im sure more guys go there but there in the mma fight class i believe.

tramp,ill ask him. Should i bring a camera??

He got KO'd by my boy Joe Camacho

PoundFoolish -  He got KO'd by my boy Joe Camacho

It happens,usually its not a matter of IF but WHEN uness your the spider silva.

my bad, I thought he was in OC

congrats, when ya make it to class, tell him I think he's an asshole.

TrainBJJ - congrats, when ya make it to class, tell him I think he's an asshole.

lol this guy always posts somethin funny

thomas is a really cool guy, so i'm sure you'll have a good time there.

tell him he's a stealer he shouldn't have won the decision over Garcia.

Denny is a good guy and has been around.  He has tons of experience and I am sure given his knowledge of the sport and his demeanor that he is an excellent instructor. 

KenP - Denny is a good guy and has been around.  He has tons of experience and I am sure given his knowledge of the sport and his demeanor that he is an excellent instructor. 

I learned the anaconda and the peruvian necktie in my first class. I wasnt getting far enough towards the back of my opponent for the necktie. He quickly pointed it out after watching me and bang i had it. It made it easier to get my leg over his back. Anyway i think it will be a good time there.

trampking - ask tom to see his eat at denny's sign...

LMNAO!

"
I learned the anaconda and the peruvian necktie in my first class. I wasnt getting far enough towards the back of my opponent for the necktie. He quickly pointed it out after watching me and bang i had it. It made it easier to get my leg over his back. Anyway i think it will be a good time there.
"

what no flying triangles ?

HUMBLED1 - 
KenP - Denny is a good guy and has been around.  He has tons of experience and I am sure given his knowledge of the sport and his demeanor that he is an excellent instructor. 

anaconda/peruvian necktie in your first class? wtf?
He could at least had the courtesy to show you a flying omoplata a lá Schembri while he was at it.

ValeTudo0 - 
HUMBLED1 - 

anaconda/peruvian necktie in your first class? wtf?

He could at least had the courtesy to show you a flying omoplata a lá Schembri while he was at it.

It was his first class, not everyone else's. They were teaching triangle escapes in my first class when I didn't know how to triangle anyone. That was a confusing class.

scratches balls

On his episode of Bully Beatdown, the bully won $10,000. What happened there?

CagePotato - On his episode of Bully Beatdown, the bully won $10,000. What happened there?

scripted? paid more money to lose? I honestly dont think he opened up a can of whoop ass on the average joe citizen. Im sure he could have hurt the dude.

Next class is flying armbar,kidding. The moves were not that hard to pull off. Are those advanced?

tom is a good guy. met him at like ufc 20 something....had a good time hanging out with him.