I kinda wanna get ripped

I'm fat. I carry preffy much all of my fat in my stomach. I trane BJJ a few nights a week religiously. My weight is holding me back. After that it is probably strength and flexibility. I am starting a crash diet tomorrow. Atkins induction until I lose at least 40 pounds and then, and only then will I consider a more traditional balanced diet.I lost 64 pounds on this diet in 2010 and know I can do it again. Tomorrow is the day it begins.  

So, I am going to be losing the weight, what is a good exercise routine to go with this? Keep in mind I am fucking tapped out for time but will try to find a spot somewhere. Yeah, I get it. "if you really want it you will find time." I work full time, and im school full time, commute 1.5 hours each way, do BJJ 3 nights a week and did I mention I am father? Yeah, cool. I am just putting it all out there to see if anyone has any real ideas for me here. I can try yoga at lunch at my office. There is also a shitty little gym at my office. Dumbbells only, no barbells, and a machine, eliptical, treadmill, resistance bands, kettlebells. It would be great if I could take advantage of this by maybe coming in early (I am already in at 6AM and leave at 5PM so again, little time)Other than that I am not sure what I can do as far as exercise. 

I wanna get ripped. 

Halp. 

Fuck, I thought you meant the other kind of ripped..........I was gonna say, "COME ON OVER!"

Sounds like you want it badly. So do I. I'm in brother. I'm not comfortable in my own skin anymore. Phone Post 3.0

sgotwalks - 

Fuck, I thought you meant the other kind of ripped..........I was gonna say, "COME ON OVER!"

Bullshit, YOU come on over. 

(I'm in Denver so it just makes better sense legally and logistically.)

Extreme changes in diet is what it takes to get ripped for already active people.

Going to the gym ain't gonna help. Phone Post 3.0

TheEssence - Sounds like you want it badly. So do I. I'm in brother. I'm not comfortable in my own skin anymore. Phone Post 3.0

Yeah man, I am not at all comfortable in my own skin anymore. Not even close. 40 pounds is just some random goal I am setting to get me moving on this diet. I really would like to lose closer to 60. I am 5'7" 240ish right now. It's sad. 

FingerorMoon - Extreme changes in diet is what it takes to get ripped for already active people.

While I see what you are saying I am kind of saying that a work out routine that will work while losing weight would be nice. Also, something that fits into my retarded schedule. 

Phuckles -
FingerorMoon - Extreme changes in diet is what it takes to get ripped for already active people.

While I see what you are saying I am kind of saying that a work out routine that will work while losing weight would be nice. Also, something that fits into my retarded schedule. 

It's all gonna be a lifestyle change. I struggle with this badly so Phuckles, if you're up for it. We could keep each other in check. Phone Post 3.0

Phuckles, how soon do we start a Pats vs Broncos thread? Phone Post 3.0

TheEssence - 
Phuckles -

It's all gonna be a lifestyle change. I struggle with this badly so Phuckles, if you're up for it. We could keep each other in check. Phone Post 3.0

Abosfuckingloutley man. I am all for being kept in check. The more motivation I can get the better. I am seriously done with this shit. 

AdmiralCackbar - Phuckles, how soon do we start a Pats vs Broncos thread? Phone Post 3.0

I would say do it right now, if it were even going to be a game!!!! AM I RIGHT?!!!

Guys?

My god Tom is a stud Phone Post 3.0

AdmiralCackbar - My god Tom is a stud Phone Post 3.0

But he's no Peyton Manning. 

Just sayin...

try 5x5, only 3 days a week and 3 lifts a day. with your atkins diet this would work great. im out of the gym in 20-30 minutes. sometimes i walk on the treadmill or do 10 minutes of intervals.

My prediction is that the spin thread on this is going to be really dark..... Phone Post 3.0

DougWilson - try 5x5, only 3 days a week and 3 lifts a day. with your atkins diet this would work great. im out of the gym in 20-30 minutes. sometimes i walk on the treadmill or do 10 minutes of intervals.

Plz asplain moar...

Phuckles -
TheEssence - 
Phuckles -

Abosfuckingloutley man. I am all for being kept in check. The more motivation I can get the better. I am seriously done with this shit. 

Okay, perfect. I'll weigh myself tomorrow morning. I have a wedding to attend November 29, and I need to drop some weight. Phone Post 3.0

TheEssence - 
Phuckles -
TheEssence - 
Phuckles -

Okay, perfect. I'll weigh myself tomorrow morning. I have a wedding to attend November 29, and I need to drop some weight. Phone Post 3.0

I weigh in first thing as well. Let's do it broseph. 

you can DL the workout at stronglifts.com

there are 2 workouts, a and b, you alternate each one. add more weight each time.

workout a - squats, bench press, rows

workout b - squats, overhead press, deadlifts

5 sets of 5 reps except deadlifts only 1 set.

you do light warm up sets for each lift.

week 1 start with the bar (45lbs.)

DougWilson - you can DL the workout at stronglifts.com

there are 2 workouts, a and b, you alternate each one. add more weight each time.

workout a - squats, bench press, rows

workout b - squats, overhead press, deadlifts

5 sets of 5 reps except deadlifts only 1 set.

you do light warm up sets for each lift.

week 1 start with the bar (45lbs.)
You will see gains. Just don't hurt your back. Phone Post 3.0