I kinda wanna move to Hawaii

Has anybody done this ? How did you do it ? Is it expensive ? How would I go about it ? How would I move all my shit ? How do I find a job ? Phone Post 3.0

Where are you moving from and how old are you? Phone Post 3.0

In Phone Post

Guessing by your screen name, if you happen to be a sushi chef, you may be in luck. Besides that I'd say you should have an "in" to get a job down here. It is fairly expensive, especially for housing, and you wouldn't want to spend a few months looking for a job while depleting your savings. We may not be rich in the pocket, but were rich in spirit. I got paid to dive for four hours today and catch fish, and that's not even my job. Phone Post 3.0

if you are entry level, you might look into the service industry mang

no, not BJs on the street, I'm talking about Hotel staff etc...

you can make some jack working in Food Service

listen to Turtle

I live in California, and shit is expensive here compared to other states, but damn, Hawaii is even more expensive! Phone Post 3.0

Things you need to know.

"Haole"

"False Crack"

They will refer to this alot when you look at the women folk.

You need a lot of money saved up in case you don't find a job right away. If your career is highly specialized, there will be few positions matching that.

Locals get preference for jobs. Not because of how they look and talk, but because of their relationships.

Your lifestyle will change. Food, gas, and housing is significantly more expensive. You have to be willing to accept this, or make more money to supplement your former comforts.

Don't step on toes or burn bridges. It's a small place. Show respect and be polite, and you will get the same in return.

It's an awesome place to live if you love the ocean. Phone Post

Dont we all!! Hawaii is an expensive place to live, top ramen here, I hope you like spam Phone Post

Find a way to move to hawaii then. All of your questions can be answered by google, as well as the resources you need to find a job there. DO IT.

They are a bit rude to white people. I traveled there for work several time a year and the locals don't like "Americans" moving there. I was eating out and the waitress came up to us and said she liked my smile and could tell I didn't live there. When I asked her how she knew, she said because the Samon's would have knocked my teeth out by that point in my life(I was 22).

The fact I was 22 years old, blond hair and blue eyes, WITH my teeth told her that I wasn't from there..

Yikes.

I moved here, no problems at all.

Im about as haole as they come. :) Phone Post

Like most places ... dont run your mouth and the locals will be cool. Phone Post

Move there. It's like Idiocracy. A moron from the mainland is beyond a genius there.

Thanks for everyone's actually legit answers, those are kinda hard to find around this place.

When I made this post I was a lil intoxicated this morning. Sooo...

To be a bit more specific and To answer some of the questions...I am originally from Los Angeles and now live in Louisville Kentucky. I am a chef, and I work for a large hotel chain. My family is in Cali and my grandparents from my fathers side were all from big I when they passed. I'm a quarter hawaiian quarter japanese and half haole.

I'm slowly getting set on this..I needa find my roots Phone Post 3.0

Matt Phillips - I moved here, no problems at all.

Im about as haole as they come. :) Phone Post
How'd you get in with the peeps. How do you afford it ? Phone Post 3.0

AbbottMary - Find a way to move to hawaii then. All of your questions can be answered by google, as well as the resources you need to find a job there. DO IT.
I like your attitude...VTFU Phone Post 3.0

KillBob - You need a lot of money saved up in case you don't find a job right away. If your career is highly specialized, there will be few positions matching that.

Locals get preference for jobs. Not because of how they look and talk, but because of their relationships.

Your lifestyle will change. Food, gas, and housing is significantly more expensive. You have to be willing to accept this, or make more money to supplement your former comforts.

Don't step on toes or burn bridges. It's a small place. Show respect and be polite, and you will get the same in return.

It's an awesome place to live if you love the ocean. Phone Post
I adore the ocean Phone Post 3.0

Wolfs Law -

if you are entry level, you might look into the service industry mang

no, not BJs on the street, I'm talking about Hotel staff etc...

you can make some jack working in Food Service

I iza cheef ^_^ Phone Post 3.0