I know it's not a popular viewpoint but.....

I don't think Steve Mazzagatti did such a bad job on the Burkman - Fitch fight....

It looks like you can see the point Fitch stops resisting.....he is stacking himself up on his left leg. He slumps down to the left when he goes out. Burkman (and full credit for this) releases him under a second.

I think it looks worse then it is due to Mazagatti not moving in sooner after Burkman has released him.....

Any thoughts? Phone Post 3.0

Hi Maz! Phone Post 3.0

He may have just been trying to come to terms with the impossible...
Fitch was unchokeable.
How could he be choked? Phone Post 3.0

NomoRomophobia - He may have just been trying to come to terms with the impossible...
Fitch was unchokeable.
How could he be choked? Phone Post 3.0

It's a bit easier when Fitch is pretty much out haha Phone Post

Out from strikes I mean Phone Post

I agree with you. Also once he was out there was no need to do anything. Burkman did the right thing and let go, Mazagatti didn't endanger anybody's life during this fight. Fitch is known to be unsubmittable, he went out fight was over nothing to see here. Phone Post 3.0

lol that gif makes it look like he was hurrying back from the bathroom

A good ref would have been on the ground asking questions, giving warnings that he is going to stop the fight, watching for signs of Fitch going out, lifting his arm to see if he is still conscious etc...

All Steve did was stand there like a spare prick until Burkman done his job for him... Phone Post 3.0

KKM is correct, Maz did nothing wrong.

STFU KKM

What a hilarious observation and comment by grafzep. I'm seriously laughing hard looking at that gif and thinking about your comment bro.

Oh shit! I've never voted anybody up or down before and I just accidentally voted grafzep down trying to vote him up for the day. Sorry, I owe you some vote ups for your funny comment.

I think the issue is what if burkman didn't let go was maz in any position to protect and rescue Fitch Phone Post