I love SoCal.

Just returned from another visit.

I love California, especially SoCal. What a fantastic place. Each city is so different, vibrant, and diverse.

Mrs ed loves it so much she sits quietly on the plane home with watery eyes.

This visit we met an OGer. Great guy.

I have to say, I am very jealous of the California OGers.

My brother and wife try to convince me to move.

I could see myself in California.

SoCal seems to have the perfect balance of beauty and grit.

When we come out again in late Spring early Summer I hope to drive up into the mountains.

Also; Florida OGers take note, in SoCal they observe the proper protocol of when and where to wear flip flops.

This was an unexpected delight.

It's freezing cold here. It almost dipped below 50 degrees last night.

kung_pow - 

It's freezing cold here. It almost dipped below 50 degrees last night.

I flew out yesterday, it was chilly in the morning, but I was still able to enjoy my morning coffee, outside, overlooking a beautiful beach, and a small oil rig in someone's back yard.

When I got off the plane, accounting for wind chill, it was 5 degrees.

Slydawg - 

I wish I could have taken you to s few places but I was out of town for holidays. There is a better chance of me going to NYC. Glad you had fun and I have a pic from last nights dinner to post. I will start a thread later.

Nice.

We should be back at least two more times in the first half of 2018 to see my brother, hoping to see friends in Venice, Santa Monica, and Burbank on those trips as well.

I will let you know the details when we book.

I'm sure you feel incredibly manly there. You're taller than the mexicans and more butch than the hipsters.

DaveFu - 

I'm sure you feel incredibly manly there. You're taller than the mexicans and more butch than the hipsters.

There are a lot less hipsters than here in NYC. Everyone I have met in my brother's circle of friends were really chill fantastic people.

The friends my wife and I have are from school and work, and transplants, so they are just like us. Our friends from school and work are in Venice and Santa Monica. Our friend in Burbank is a family friend who works in movies, pretty successful and famous guy, so not a good standard to use.

Haven't come across too many stereotypical people, at least compared to NYC.

Zned - 
DaveFu - 

There are a lot less hipsters than here in NYC. Everyone I have met in my brother's circle of friends were really chill fantastic people.

The friends my wife and I have are from school and work, and transplants, so they are just like us. Our friends from school and work are in Venice and Santa Monica. Our friend in Burbank is a family friend who works in movies, pretty successful and famous guy, so not a good standard to use.

Haven't come across too many stereotypical people, at least compared to NYC.

NYC hipsters are tougher.

Shithole

Just ordered myself some new pairs of Dickies.

Zned -

Orale homes

dchi07 - 
Zned -

Orale homes

sugarhigh - 

Santa Barbara is one of my favorite places on earth.

I love visiting, but hate that it makes me strongly consider leaving Ohio. I, too, get depressed when I leave. Especially waking up to 5 degree weather.

Santa Barbara is ridiculous.

At one point last year Mrs Ned could go work there. My job was going well and she had a nice offer coming together in NYC as well so she turned it down.

It wasn't long after that my job started going to shit.

If the timing was slightly different I would be OGing from SB and hanging with Pescy.

NoCal>SoCal

you should visit the wineries in Napa ned

that seems like your style

gregbrady - 

NoCal>SoCal

Does NoCal have less dogs?

gregbrady - 

NoCal>SoCal

They are so different, apples and oranges. From my experience it is very hard to compare.

A preference, sure, but I don't think one is neccesarily better than the other.

gregbrady - 

you should visit the wineries in Napa ned

that seems like your style

I would love to spend a day at HdV.

Santa Rita Hills/Sants Ynez Valley/Santa Maria Valley  have been some of my favorite wine destinations out of everywhere we have visited, great experiences.

If you haven't been, definitely go.