I Love Working On My Lawn!

ghost842 - You need a pond. There's a really good thread on here how to make one. All you need is a kiddy pool and some dirt Phone Post 3.0
LOL... Yes! Phone Post 3.0

You could use an artificial water feature. ;) Phone Post 3.0

Shinsplint - You could use an artificial water feature. ;) Phone Post 3.0
Know anyone who does that sort of thing? Phone Post 3.0

What kind of grass is that? I just resodded my back yard with Zoysia grass. I love the way it looks. Phone Post 3.0

Looks goo .  Ive done so much work in my back this year, its finally looking decent. The lawn however is still shitty.  

I have more green than last year but a lot of weeds still. I have to wait til the fall for the weeds to die off and over seed again. 

Its just so damn expensive to landscape. And thats me doing it by myself. 

But yeah its become my obsession too.  Its nice to hop in the hammock with a cold one and just enjoy the work youve put in. 

Fucking clover is taking over my front lawn, I'm afraid to use weed and feed as last time that shit killed almost all my grass lol... Phone Post 3.0

It's mostly Kentucky bluegrass.

Dandelions are the big weed we have to watch for around here. That shit will crush a lawn in a few weeks.

My front isn't as good as the back right now. It needs a power take and over seed. Phone Post 3.0

If I'm going to live in Canada in going to have a better view. Where are the mountains? Ice rink for the kids? Phone Post 3.0

I gotta ask. Do you string trim first or mow first? I always trim after, but alot of people trim before. Phone Post 3.0

Here's the other half of the lawn. Blue please.

http://m.imgur.com/T28B2Lk Phone Post 3.0

Fister - I gotta ask. Do you string trim first or mow first? I always trim after, but alot of people trim before. Phone Post 3.0
I mow first. I don't trim every time. I don't mind there being long grass here and there. Phone Post 3.0

Looks good, OP. Phone Post 3.0

Stea1th - Fucking clover is taking over my front lawn, I'm afraid to use weed and feed as last time that shit killed almost all my grass lol... Phone Post 3.0
Usually an over abundance of clover is a direct result of a nitrogen deficiency. It could also be a result of a soil high in potassium. That does not necessary mean you have bad soil though. My suggestion would be to have your soil tested. Have it tested prior to applying any nutrients or fertilizer. For the time being the time tested remedy of pulling those little shit heads by hand should work. Sounds like you never put down a pre-emergent or if you did you laid it to late. It's too late to seed, you'll have to wait until late August for that. Quick question, do you have a septic field where the clover is located? Phone Post 3.0

My lawn isn't great, neither was the one at my old house but i have always loved mowing and edging the lawn.

It's part zen part OCD but 100% relaxing and satisfying. I recently learned about mindfulness and realized that is why i like it. I zone out and not think about anything but the task at hand, not bills, money, wife, work...just me and the lawn. Phone Post 3.0

TFK_Coconut Pete - My lawn isn't great, neither was the one at my old house but i have always loved mowing and edging the lawn.

It's part zen part OCD but 100% relaxing and satisfying. I recently learned about mindfulness and realized that is why i like it. I zone out and not think about anything but the task at hand, not bills, money, wife, work...just me and the lawn. Phone Post 3.0
Exactly! This guy gets it.

I'm about as scatter brained and easily distracted as they come. When I get into my yard, I'm focused like a zen master. I can spend hours back there without any idea of how much time passes.

My yard and martial arts are the only things I've ever found that I can focus like that at. Phone Post 3.0

baj54 -
Stea1th - Fucking clover is taking over my front lawn, I'm afraid to use weed and feed as last time that shit killed almost all my grass lol... Phone Post 3.0
Usually an over abundance of clover is a direct result of a nitrogen deficiency. It could also be a result of a soil high in potassium. That does not necessary mean you have bad soil though. My suggestion would be to have your soil tested. Have it tested prior to applying any nutrients or fertilizer. For the time being the time tested remedy of pulling those little shit heads by hand should work. Sounds like you never put down a pre-emergent or if you did you laid it to late. It's too late to seed, you'll have to wait until late August for that. Quick question, do you have a septic field where the clover is located? Phone Post 3.0
No septic, we have sewer and I did put down a preamergant in early May because we had cold Weather up till than.

Where can I get soil tested? Phone Post 3.0

Stea1th -
baj54 -
No septic, we have sewer and I did put down a preamergant in early May because we had cold Weather up till than.

Where can I get soil tested? Phone Post 3.0
Go to your states agro. Department website. They will list all the places that run the test. Most universities will do a complete soil analysis for a small fee. Bad thing is if you put down fertilizer already you'll get skewed results. Best to wait now until next year. Early spring before you throw down anything is the best time to do it. The soil test will give the chemical composition along with the nutrient percentage of the existing soil. They usually come with suggestions or the proper oh balance and what percentage of nutrients need to be introduced to your grass and soil for a healthy yard. This way you can stop using the commercialized weed and feed bags and start looking for fertilizer that is more prudent for the growth of your lawn. Scotts weed and seed is perfectly fine if your not having weed invasions or other problems. That's not you though. Phone Post 3.0

I asked about the septic because sometimes a drain field will introduce bacteria into your lawn that can either be helpful or harmful dependent on the amount of bacteria. I have a septic drain field and where the drain tines run the grass is always greener. I have healthy shits I guess. Phone Post 3.0

NikkoBarro - I don't. I pay someone for it to look awesome. What they do in 20 min would take me 3 hours. Fuck that noize. Phone Post 3.0

can we call you Caitlyn? Cause you're a woman

King Trav - Here's the other half of the lawn. Blue please.

http://m.imgur.com/T28B2Lk Phone Post 3.0

Looks good Trav. WTF are the wooden structures for ?