I LUV PALHARES!

BRINGING BACK THE FEAR OF SUBS.

hanging on the rim? LOL!

I think he got into trouble for holding onto that sub

90 day suspention from the New Jersey State Athletic Control Board.  But was the UFC going to use him within 90 days anyway?

Appropriate thread title would be...ATTN: Scrubs with no ground game who have no business getting in a fight with ppl who will rape your legs. 

lets say he let go of the sub when he first got tapped.  let's say the ref didn't catch it.  how many times have i seen this, and teh fucktard who tapped gets back up knowing he tapped, then continues to fight like he didn't lose? wtf is that.

go palhares!

FCTV808 -  lets say he let go of the sub when he first got tapped.  let's say the ref didn't catch it.  how many times have i seen this, and teh fucktard who tapped gets back up knowing he tapped, then continues to fight like he didn't lose? wtf is that.

go palhares!

The guy was screaming in agony and tapped about a hundred times on his upper arm and upper thigh. How could anyone not miss that? Yet Palhares still kept cranking it, and even a little longer after the ref tried to break it up. Screw that

Drwal is probably sidelined for a while, and worst case scenario, could be a career ender. That fucking sucks, IMO

he knew the job was dangerous when he took it.

all subs need to be feared.

He shoulda learned how not to front kick without slipping and how not to get his legs in position to be subbed.
Not Palhares fault. He's doing his job. Blame the ref for being slow.

If you complaining about he shouldn't have cranked it so hard, then what, when one guy knockout another guy he's supposed to go, "Oh mah gosh! Sorry me...I shouldn't have punched him too hard."

Honolii - If you complaining about he shouldn't have cranked it so hard, then what, when one guy knockout another guy he's supposed to go, "Oh mah gosh! Sorry me...I shouldn't have punched him too hard."

EXACTLY honolii! drwal himself has had a few REF STOPPAGE TKOS. hello? that means he's hitting the fucker past the tap.

same shit imo. it's just that it seems sub guys are held to a different (double) standard.

Nothing has changed my mind. It was a dbag move, IMO.

Everyone, especially Palhares, knows how much damage really cranking on a heel hook can cause. Sure, the general rule is you go until the ref stops you, but show some better judgment. There's a reason others besides me are pissed off about it, and that he was suspended for it.

Its the rules of the game that he broke. That is why there is tapping for subs. If not they should adopt the rule of no tapping. If someone taps that means he is done. With punches a lot of times guys think they can continue and take a lot shots that they should have, but thats there bad. Not to many times a guy taps from punches. They usually go out and eat a couple extra.

To me that is the beauty of a submission, to tap a person whole for the most part wants to rip your head off is a awesome.
I also think that the ref was way out of position. I think everyone saw that heel hook coming.

Rob

i think it may have been held for a second to long. but what about when i guy gets punched 5 times extra.
?
i think it was a solid sub maybe ref should gotten in a lil quicker but if he lets go and the ref dosent catch. FCTV808 said it already now hes in a bad spot. hes had some slick subs so far tho. that arm bar from the bottom was sweet

i just watched it and i don't think he should be suspended. you go till the ref stops you. in slow motion, it looks like he held it, but in real time, it doesn't seem like it was that long. if he let go of the sub before the ref, the other guy could claim he wasn't tapping. lindland vs. bustamante is a prime example. he had to tap the same guy twice in 1 fight to win.

So what happens if Palhares let go at the tap, then Drwal gets out and acts like he didn't tap because the ref didn't get there to stop it? Then ends up submitting or TKOing Palhares? How is that fair? Happened before, not by Drwal but others. Rules should be changed for their safety, let go at the tap, BUT with playback by ref if the guy who tapped say he didn't, and automatic DQ if playback shows he did. Other than that, hold on until the ref tells you it's over.

As long as he doesn't cry if someone rips his knee apart with it I'm fine.

FCTV808 - 
EXACTLY honolii! drwal himself has had a few REF STOPPAGE TKOS. hello? that means he's hitting the fucker past the tap.

same shit imo. it's just that it seems sub guys are held to a different (double) standard.

Eh, not really. Ref stops you, doesn't mean you kept cranking. He kept cranking for a sec. Yeah it's the ref's fault he didn't come in until tap #5, but it doesn't bother me that UFC is keeping the zhoo-zheetsu tradition of holding heel hooks to a higher standard.

Hey, your name went black. Did your pro fight with Elite XC get turned into an ammy? That sucks.

TH

GSP should have paid attention

Honolii - So what happens if Palhares let go at the tap, then Drwal gets out and acts like he didn't tap because the ref didn't get there to stop it? Then ends up submitting or TKOing Palhares? How is that fair? Happened before, not by Drwal but others. Rules should be changed for their safety, let go at the tap, BUT with playback by ref if the guy who tapped say he didn't, and automatic DQ if playback shows he did. Other than that, hold on until the ref tells you it's over.

i'll go one step further and say that if he taps and then says he didn't HE GETS SUSPENDED FOREVER. thank you

Dick move. Guy tapped, obviously tapped and was making faces. Not to mention he held on AFTER the ref tried to pull him off.