I’m a Blue Belt in Marine Corps BJJ

This is what my buddy told me.  I don’t like it. What is the basis for this? I’ve trained non-USMC BJJ for 7 months and I’m a white belt. He is not a blue belt anywhere. Change my mind. 

Bro take any promotion you can get. People respect your belt color, not your skillset. 

As long as it's not in Navy BJJ.  That would be pretty ghey.

that means you absolutely suck and you are way below a blue belt from a regular vanilla academy

It means your buddy is a idiot and doesn’t have a fucking clue what he is talking about. The marine corps program has bjj elements in it, he isn’t ranked in some super special bjj offshoot. He sounds like a idiot who has no clue (and I know guys in the marines who teach the martial arts program and they would be the first to say there is no marine corps bjj blue belt grade, just grade for their basic martial arts programs which combines a lot of different shit that is aimed to help train guys to have a warrior mentality).

We can't change your mind, only he can.  Tell hiim to prove it.  If he wrecks you, then call him professor and start training under him.

Marine Corp Martial arts go Tan, Gray, Green, Brown, Black. No blue or purple for that matter.

Navy blue belt?

OP get your blue belt then roll with him. Or just roll with him now. If he bashes you easily with technique you have your answer. 

Hunter, not so fun in his old age. He thinks your buddies belt is worthless and wants you and your snot nosed punk friends to get off his lawn.

Koga - 

Hunter, not so fun in his old age. He thinks your buddies belt is worthless and wants you and your snot nosed punk friends to get off his lawn.

lol no I just run across those types of guys all the time, most times not even at a 2 stripe white belt level. BUT they always want to roll and attend adv class and skip over fundamentals. So I have no patience and flat out say they haven’t really learned bjj yet.

As a purple belt myself, in Dept. of Water  & Power BJJ, I say congrats!

Goddamn it shen, some days you get me right in the feels.