I’m flying from Sydney to Las Vegas to see Nate’s last ufc fight

I was super pumped up about it until I saw the other fights. Are there going to be any other fights added to this card? It’s super weak at the moment. Is there a co main still to be announced? Please don’t tell me that what’s on the website currently is it.

6 Likes

Nate will pull out.

1 Like

I don’t think they will add other good fights to the card. The rest of the card is no different than a Bellator or PFL card really. UFC knew casuals will buy 279 just for Chimaev Diaz so they didn’t bother to put anything else on the card worth paying for. Why would they if Diaz and Chimaev fans will buy it or fly to it for that?

Instead they stacked 280.

UFC 279 Quick Card

280 is 10x the card 279 is, IMO.

16 fighters on 280 are ranked in the top 20 in the world per tapology.
6 fighers on 279 are ranked in the top 20 in t he world per tapology.

The numbers don’t lie.

UFC 280 Quick Card

4 Likes

Plus they don’t want Nate to leave having a great PPV sell

7 Likes

People talk about bad card all the time, but this is legitimately a BAD card. Not a single contender on the entire thing, except the headliner’s.

3 Likes

Walker Cutelaba will be fun while it lasts but the rest is shit! I can’t remember a worse ppv. I’ve been watching Nate since TUF and thought this will be my last chance to see him fight in the ufc. The only way this will be worth it is if Diaz pulls off the ultimate upset.

5 Likes

The other day UFC had a HW who is like 3-9 in the UFC on the main card of their Fight Night and he was fighting some guy who himself was 1-4 in the UFC.

With UFC trying to put on weekly shows and ONE, Bellator, PFL, KSW, RIZIN and ACA out there looking for talent as well…UFC just can’t always keep the card quality what fans used to love about UFC PPV cards.

Exactly this

Hey if you want to see Nate fight live then don’t let me ruin your good time. Hope you have a great time!

I always planned to fly to Japan to watch a PRIDE NYE or PRIDE GP live and then PRIDE died before I ever made it happen.

Hope you have a great trip.

2 Likes

My idiot friend keeps telling me we need to get tickets to go see Nate v. Khamzat

I’m not taking work off and paying to be in Vegas to see my favorite active fighter most likely get brutally anal pounded

5 Likes

I Heard The Whookas are Bountiful like the Buffets

But it’s Vegas and hookers are legal

1 Like

Season 4 Interest GIF by The Office

2 Likes

If I had tix , i wood go

It’s also possible his corner (i.e Nick), will throw in the towel as soon as the fight starts.

Don’t be surprised.

2 Likes

thats actually not true. in Vegas itself its illegal…outside in Henderson is where the bunny ranch and legal shit is

1 Like

Yes ! Parumph

At first I was confused about the title ,
And though op had a delorean, and traveled back to Nate’s last fight (that was in Phoenix not Vegas

I understand now, how u mad it possible

)

Now re-read it…

And it makes sense