I’m getting ready to buy a car but don’t want rape

I’ve tried to look up invoice prices and whatnot online. The price I finally got on a Subaru Crosstrek is good, but there is a $499 “processing” fee. Which Inknow is bullshit. They are not budging on the price or the fee. 

What are some good tactics you all have for buying a car?

Only read thread title.

Maybe go to a car dealership that sells cars minus the rape?

Hey my guy. Are you looking at a used vehicle? I'm peripherally in the car business and can get you info on wholesale car prices. Knowing what a dealer likey paid for a car might help in negotiations. 

Don't know if that helps, but let me know and I'll tell you what I can.

TryhardNobody - 

Same as with women. Be willing to walk away if you dont get what you want. They smell desperation

This right here. The salesman will probably say something like “ before you go let me check on something”, then he or the sales manager will come back with a better price.

Are you buying new or used?

Hi_KKM -

Hey my guy. Are you looking at a used vehicle? I'm peripherally in the car business and can get you info on wholesale car prices. Knowing what a dealer likey paid for a car might help in negotiations. 

They offered me a 2018 Crosstrek Premium for $22,918. MSRP is $25,331. $499 processing fee. With tax and everything it is $24,500 out the door. 

I’ve been haggling for days

Dos -

Are you buying new or used?

New

It is also an automatic transmission

TFK_MIB Got to Me - 

Stop haggling. Send the offer to another Subaru dealer and ask them if they can do the same deal minus the bullshit fee.

Where are you?

I might know a guy who has been working for Subaru for 18 years in different capacities, and can make sure you're getting the best deal.

AnthonyWeiner -
TFK_MIB Got to Me - 

Stop haggling. Send the offer to another Subaru dealer and ask them if they can do the same deal minus the bullshit fee.
It's likely a statewide thing. Here in Colorado dealers are 499-599 across the whole state.

On place has a no dealer fee policy but their prices are much higher than the dealers who charge the fee.

TFK_MIB Got to Me -
Hi_KKM -

They offered me a 2018 Crosstrek Premium for $22,918. MSRP is $25,331. $499 processing fee. With tax and everything it is $24,500 out the door. 

That's about 820 below invoice. Add back in the 500 and you're still 300 or so below invoice. That's not bad.

You could probably squeeze another 2-300 out of them at most.

Production is way behind sales on the 18 redesign. The factory cannot keep up. It's a good problem to have, to an extent.

What I mean is even in a market like Denver, where they whore out Subarus, dealers are not being as aggressive on the 18 Crosstrek because they don't have that many.

FETT_Lay'n'PrayNINJA - Where are you?

I might know a guy who has been working for Subaru for 18 years in different capacities, and can make sure you're getting the best deal.

I’m in Southwest VA right on NC and TN border

FETT_Lay'n'PrayNINJA -
TFK_MIB Got to Me -
Hi_KKM -

That's about 820 below invoice. Add back in the 500 and you're still 300 or so below invoice. That's not bad.

Production is way behind sales on the 18 redesign. The factory cannot keep up. It's a good problem to have, to an extent.

Well that makes me feel better. I am good with the amount as long as I’m not overpaying

TFK_MIB Got to Me -
FETT_Lay'n'PrayNINJA -
TFK_MIB Got to Me -
Hi_KKM -

Well that makes me feel better. I am good with the amount as long as I’m not overpaying

In that market you are definitely not over paying. They are not typically a high volume area, so they need more profit than say a store out here that sells 250-300 new Subarus a month.

Are the other Subaru dealers around also charging the 499 dealer fee?

FETT_Lay'n'PrayNINJA -
TFK_MIB Got to Me -
FETT_Lay'n'PrayNINJA -
TFK_MIB Got to Me -
Hi_KKM -

In that market you are definitely not over paying. They are not typically a high volume area, so they need more profit than say a store out here that sells 250-300 new Subarus a month.

Ok that’s good. The other dealers have fees (varying) too but this was the best OTD price

Conor McGazelle - Only read thread title.

Maybe go to a car dealership that sells cars minus the rape?

LOL!

TFK_MIB Got to Me -
FETT_Lay'n'PrayNINJA -
TFK_MIB Got to Me -
FETT_Lay'n'PrayNINJA -
TFK_MIB Got to Me -
Hi_KKM -

Ok that’s good. The other dealers have fees (varying) too but this was the best OTD price

You're getting a pretty sweet ride man. Cool comparison from motortrend pairing against the jeep and Nissan counterparts:

http://www.motortrend.com/cars/subaru/crosstrek/2018/no-mans-land/

What color did you get? I thought I would hate that new Cool Grey Khaki but in person I kinda like it.