I’m in Pittsburgh for the week. Where yinz eat?

In the North Oakland area. Perdiem is going for food all week. Where should I eat? 

Whatever you do, please do not do the cliche Primanti's visit. They suck.

Primanti brothers. It’s a local favorite. 

Primantis is pretty good I think.

Tako is a great mexican place.

I’mGhayForJhay - 

It's a "favorite" because most yinzers love to rant and rave over mediocre shit. Like Primati's or The Clarks. Peppi's is far superior in the sandwich and fries department.

Meat and Potatoes if you can get a table.

Can you travel, or are you stuck in North Oakland?

LotionInTheBasket -

I’ve got a vehicle. I can probably go up to 20 - 30 miles out. 

Primantis of course

Just wanted to commend your use of "yinz"

A_Butler -
LotionInTheBasket -

I’ve got a vehicle. I can probably go up to 20 - 30 miles out. 

Good shit, I’ll keep coming back to the thread as I think of places. For the most part I stay the fuck out of Oakland though. There is a good Taco place there named Las Palmas, but it’s more of a grocery store than a restaurant. They usually have a food cart outside. I’ve never been to the one in Oakland, but I hit the location in Brookline all the time. Damn good tacos.

In Monroeville you got Dad’s Pub and Grub. It’s basically American Pub food with a decent beer list that’s not too hipstery and not too basic.

Also in Monroeville you got Green Forest Cafe. It’s a Brazilian Churrascaria. If you’re not familiar with what that is, they cook all the meat in a wood fire pit. It’s also a hot/cold buffet with all kinds of shit, including seasonal catch seafood, Sushi, lobster and crab, etc.

Seriously, if you can make it to only a few places, Green Forest and Meat and Potatoes are the ones to hit, especially if you like steak.

in North Huntington, there is a place called Cenecolo. Pretty damn good Italian place, and that’s coming from someone who married an Italian and has little old Italian ladies cooking for him all the time. If you can fit it in, try the Brûlée Cheesecake.

I’ll be back with more.

1.) Dianoia's Eatery on the strip. Breakfast is amazing, their dinner too...the gnocchi bread bowl is to di e for.

2.) Meat and Potatoes.  Fried chicken and jalapeno waffles with bacon syrup delish.

3.) The Butcher & the Rye. Another awesomendinner joint. 

4.) Pork n beans. Good pgh bbq joint.

The Ghost Of Swayze -
I’mGhayForJhay - 

It's a "favorite" because most yinzers love to rant and rave over mediocre shit. Like Primati's or The Clarks. Peppi's is far superior in the sandwich and fries department.

This man knows. 

Peppis is AMAZING.

in for lotions suggestions. make it down there a couple times a year

dont be scared away from primantis. it’s not some amazing place but it’ll get you there op. 

The Commoner at the omni hotel is good too. Sunday's they have a bloody Mary bar and good brunch selection.

Sgt_Doakes_Got_Jokes -
The Ghost Of Swayze -
I’mGhayForJhay - 

This man knows. 

Peppis is AMAZING.

Agreed. I love me that New Yorker sub.

one of the things we made fun of about Pitt during our visit, was that there were like 2 or 3 answers about where to eat

primantis and some other ones

we laughed about that the entire time

bigham tavern on mt Washington has damn good wings

Eat a Roethlisburger, the sandwich, the QB, or his wife depending on your orientation and appetite for risk.

Mineo's Pizza in Squirrel Hill. Then Aiello's Pizza a few doors up.

Primanti’s is overrated for sure. Skip that place.