"I may have lost, but I wasn't beaten - Dan Hardy"

Some Interesting Quotes:

"[St-Pierre] just convinced me that he can keep me on the floor for 25 minutes,"

"I was saying this in the buildup to the fight – 'GSP' doesn't take risks in his fights anymore," he said. "He knew that my strength was striking and (within) 17 seconds of the first round, he shot in for a takedown. I think that says a lot about his approach to the fight game. He goes in there to win the fight and keep the belt and not to beat his opponent.

"When I fight him again, I'll be able to step into the octagon with a lot more confidence," he said. "Not that I didn't go into this fight with confidence, but I'm convinced now I can beat him. With a couple more months of training and a bit of work in a couple of areas, I can get the job done.

"I may have lost on Saturday night, but I wasn't beaten."

http://tinyurl.com/yg7lzdr

Dan Hardy will never beat GSP. That isn't a possibility. Not now, not ever.

But it is good to see the kid still has his cocky attitude. I hope he does well in the future.

I don't know about Hardy's assertion that GSP doesn't try to 'beat' his opponent. He had two fantastic sub attempts and kudos to Hardy for pulling out of them, but those were legitimate attempts to finish.

I'm just so sick of this bs posturing about "oh, if he was a real champ he would strike with me". That doesn't make you a champ, that makes you stupid.

So if Hardy does get another shot, and wins, and then they set up the rubber match, is Hardy going to prove he's a real champ by wrestling with GSP?

^^ exactly. You'd never hear a wrestler say "oh, he knocked me out cause he was scared to try and take me down."

Joe Silva ... please give this guy jon Fitch ... so he can see that he has problems with elite 170lb guys, not just a champ trying to keep his belt.

Then Thiago v Fitch for the next title shot.

hardy is going to lose some fans with this

I just hate hardy... and it's always laughable to me when guys state that repeatedly going for takedowns isn't a risk or as legitimate a technique towards winning as striking is...

hardy should concentrate on what makes him such a one dimensional fighter and so easily beatable in a MIXED martial arts competition, rather than whine about the consequences of being outclassed by a superior opponent...

It seems as if (in defeat) most British fighters can't swallow their Pride and just flat out admit they got beat.

You mainly see this with these rising stars like Bisping and Hardy, and it's a shame too. Cause with all the talent these UK Fighters have, their fan base is going to slowly but surely deplete.

what Hardy and some GSP haters don't realize,, is that is was GSP and his camps strategy to fight the way he did. he had the ability to GnP like he did to Alves. then his face would've been red and swollen like Alves at the end of the fight.

vs. Alves strategy : takedown to GnP
vs. Hardy strategy : takedown to look for submissions

he didnt focus or set a goal to sub Alves because he knows Alves has good Jiu Jitsu. He went for subs vs Hardy for the opposite reason.

All the respect I gained for Hardy during the fight has suddenly diminished.

EvilMaster - Dan Hardy will never beat GSP. That isn't a possibility. Not now, not ever.

But it is good to see the kid still has his cocky attitude. I hope he does well in the future.

Sadly have to agree.
It was be TOUGH.

His game just isn't there, and I don't think he can get there any time soon.
Although I was pulling for him.

Hardy will never stop talking, will he? One thing I noticed after the fight is that he seemed to be pleased that he had survived. he wasn't upset at all that he had lost; he expected to lose and never took any real chances himself. If he knew that GSP was going to take him down anyway, why didn't he just open up and see if he could land a big shot?

• chalks up Hardy under the LAME list.

Who cares, he wont beat enough top 5 guys to get a title shot again

Just put hardy in with Paul daley or Thiago Alves or even Chris Lytle and we can see how he should be ranked somewhere around 35-40 and NO WHERE NEAR the top 10

i give hardy credit for not being beaten to a bloody pulp like BJ was.

but that's about it. he was practically a grappling dummy with a mouth.

GaGas Soldier - hardy is going to lose some fans with this

nah cause the only fans Hardy has are the eurofags that agree with him that GSP was "scared" of him.

i hope Hardy burns himself in the street in support of the tibetians cause hes a annoying douche.

is it possible GSP simply took mercy on Hardy?

it seemed to me like he held back a bit on the kimura attempt. the shoulder was cranked, hardy wasnt tapping, and GSP's torso still wasnt  turned as much as I assume he could have. Maybe he just decided not to let Hardy's ego lead to his maiming him??

oh and  GSPenisinmyface.... wow... just wow.

Monsters Ball - <i>"I was saying this in the buildup to the fight – 'GSP' doesn't take risks in his fights anymore," he said. "He knew that my strength was striking and (within) 17 seconds of the first round, he shot in for a takedown. I think that says a lot about his approach to the fight game. He goes in there to win the fight and keep the belt and not to beat his opponent. </i>

You could say the same thing about Anderson Silva when he fought Leites. Anderson kept it standing rather than let Leites play his ground game.

That's what smart fighters do. They take you to your weakness. Hardy is only crying now because he couldn't do anything at all to stop GSP's game plan.

Ya, thats why standup fighters are becoming the pussy bjj fighters of yesteryear. They think you have to beat them at THEIR game to prove that you're a better fighter. This is all the same rehashed garbage that jiujitsu guys used to force down every other fighters throat.

GSPenisinmyface - GSP aint no Anderson Silva or Fedor.

He will get beat simple as that you nut hugging jews.

not by hardy, he won't

and i'm a gentile