I miss the old Mike Tyson...

There's another one for you guys... Great song, great footage!

WarOnDrugs - 

TOWE I hope you die tonight. Really, just go fucking die you fucking Mike Tyson fan. OH I'M MIKE TYSON I'M THE MOST OVER RATED PIECE OF SHIT TO EVER LACE UP A PAIR OF GLOVES! That's why Douglas knocked him the fuck out.

Why do I get the feeling the only gloves WOD has ever "laced up" said EVERLAST on them and had velcro?  lol

Joke Bomber - 22 yr old Tyson = greatest physical specimen to ever step in a ring

YUP!

Im a huge boxing fan. Tyson in his prime was ferocious and you have to judge him accordingly with the competition he fought. You cant fault him because he was better then everyone else at the time. The same can be said later on with Lennox Lewis. Both great boxers who will have their time in history. Were either of them the best boxers ever? Not a chance in bloody hell but again, they were great and dominant in their era

Thats interesting because pretty much every historian will list Joe Louis as the greatest HW ever. Nevermind Ali's nickname. And Im talking strictly HW, not best overall, pound for pound.

Lewis usually falls in the top 10-15 as far as HW's are concerned which is not bad AT ALL considering all the great HW's that there have been in boxing. And I didnt say he wasnt one of the greatest HW's I said he wasnt THE greatest HW ever.

JayRoc - He was awesome! I was a huge fan!

you guys remember when he fought Berbick?

That was awesome... Berbick was a punk!  When this page hits 3, I'll post a good highlight with him beating the shit out of Berbick!

"OH I'M MIKE TYSON I'M THE MOST OVER RATED PIECE OF SHIT TO EVER LACE UP A PAIR OF GLOVES"

If there was any doubt youre on drugs, this post erased it.

"22 yr old Tyson = greatest physical specimen to ever step in a ring"

Yup. Closest to unbeatable boxing has ever seen.

Here ya go...

The Berbick clips are at 4:50...

Wow...watching these makes me sad. After D'Amato died, Tyson just spiraled downward. What fantastic potential wasted. I remember being pissed off that I spent money on a PPV, just to have it end in the 1st round.

One of the best punchers ever, and his slip was awesome to watch. Too bad Tyson seemed to just rely on his strengths and never bring up his jab. Of course, he always seemed (to me)small for a HW, maybe that was why he didn't use it much, IMO.

Great, great fighter in his prime. You don't have to be a self-righteous anything to think of him as a piece of garbage as a human being though. He's the one who said he used to beat up old ladies in the elevator to steal their social security and disability money, as well as groceries.

LOL...I grew up in BMORE without a father and I am ASIAN. I didn't drop old ladies or rape a beauty queen.

Ray Jackson - 
StretchPlum - Great, great fighter in his prime. You don't have to be a self-righteous anything to think of him as a piece of garbage as a human being though. He's the one who said he used to beat up old ladies in the elevator to steal their social security and disability money, as well as groceries.

Do you know what it's like to grow up without a father in Brownsville Plum?
...can  you relate to his background?

Ray, I love your boxing posts but let's be honest... Tyson is not a moral compass and one would be hard pressed to defend some of the things he's done or said.

Dan

"Do you know what it's like to grow up without a father in Brownsville Plum?...can you relate to his background"

Incredibly irrelevant and enabling, but I grew up in Harlem.

Pleasant Avenue near 119th

It was amazing how fast and powerful he was though.

"Do you know what it's like to grow up without a father in Brownsville Plum?

...can you relate to his background?"

I utterly HATE posts like that!! I'm a HUGE Tyson the BOXER fan. But he is a POS person! NOTHING justifies hitting old ladies to steal a few bucks, NOTHING!!! A lot of people growing in the very same neighborhood or setting NEVER commited such acts. Amazing the justification!

I'm always in disbelief at the difference in attitude he had back his early 20s vs later on. He went from a totally dedicated athelete to a complete nut case.

I see your point, Ray. It's an environment where it's hard to maintain the "milk of human kindness".

Agree with Ripley. Not having Cus, losing Teddy Atlas then Rooney spelt the downfall to Tyson. No more head movement, no more probbing jabs, great peekaboo defense, footwork, stopped working the body and became a one punch head hunter.

ttt

Great vids!