I need a hobby

OK here's the deal.

I have a lot of free time on my hands these days. But I am also very limited on funds. And I don't like the outdoors.

Give me some ideas.

Sewing
Knitting
Scrapbooking Phone Post 3.0

Mihow - Pick a time in history and read all you can about it

Learn calligraphy or Sanskrit Phone Post 3.0

I already read a lot.

And calligraphy and Sanskrit really don't seem interesting. I want the hobby to be enjoyable.

Good suggestions though.

cuzzi - Sewing
Knitting
Scrapbooking Phone Post 3.0

great ideas, but I am not a woman.

Model car building. Or ships. Crochet, leatherwork, wood whittling. COD. Phone Post 3.0

dangerboy12 - OK here's the deal.

I have a lot of free time on my hands these days. But I am also very limited on funds. And I don't like the outdoors.

Give me some ideas.

Jiu jitsu depending on just how short on money you are.

cakegirl - Model car building. Or ships. Crochet, leatherwork, wood whittling. COD. Phone Post 3.0

Hey, I used to love model cars as a kid! But they are not cheap anymore. I use knives at work all day, so whittling probably would feel like work. and I gave up video games.

Leatherwork seems cool, but I have no idea how to get started, or how much it would cost. I'll check it out. Thanks!

dangerboy12 - OK here's the deal.

Give me some ideas.
Recently single, eh? Me too. I've decided to learn guitar Phone Post 3.0

Miniature wargaming. Skirmish style games are fairly affordable. Between the assembling, painting, and playing it can eat up a lot of time Phone Post 3.0

slo ko - 
dangerboy12 - OK here's the deal.

Give me some ideas.
Recently single, eh? Me too. I've decided to learn guitar Phone Post 3.0

no I am married with kids. But they are not babies anymore, so they are not so time consuming.

And i've already done the guitar thing. Mine has been collectng dust for the last 11 years.

The_Jigglehammer - Miniature wargaming. Skirmish style games are fairly affordable. Between the assembling, painting, and playing it can eat up a lot of time Phone Post 3.0

Oh yes it does, i still have my warhammer collection. Again though, it's a stage I've already been through. And I spent a shit ton of money on it.

Here's how you get started with leatherwork for $20.

Go purchase a leather awl and needles. It will come with thread, but not enough. So buy some.

Hobby Lobby is a good place to start.

They also sell big bags of mixed remnants. Buy one.

Then go to YouTube and learn the two basic leather stitches.

Get a knife or something and start with making sheathes. Kits are lame. Not as satisfying as creating your own stuff.

As you advance, you can start buying punches and fasteners. Then reverse engineer things like hats by cutting them along their seams and using the pieces as patterns to cut your leather. Those cheap floppy canvas hats make great patterns for cool leather bush hats.

Eventually you will want to buy better pieces or larger pieces like half or full sides from places like Tandy Leather.

Tandy offers classes in tooling and dying if that's your thing.

At some point you can visit thrift stores and garage sales for super cheap garment grade leather.

I've even used large rawhide dog bones soaked in warm water and disassembled for a different type of effect.

Learn as you go. Leather grade and tanning techniques make a difference when selecting what to make. YouTube is your friend.

I'm here if you have questions. Phone Post 3.0

Ever tried world of warcraft? Phone Post 3.0

RabidCracker - Ever tried world of warcraft? Phone Post 3.0
This. Also, leatherwork is pointless for a 'lock. Phone Post 3.0

slo ko - Here's how you get started with leatherwork for $20.

Go purchase a leather awl and needles. It will come with thread, but not enough. So buy some.

Hobby Lobby is a good place to start.

They also sell big bags of mixed remnants. Buy one.

Then go to YouTube and learn the two basic leather stitches.

Get a knife or something and start with making sheathes. Kits are lame. Not as satisfying as creating your own stuff.

As you advance, you can start buying punches and fasteners. Then reverse engineer things like hats by cutting them along their seams and using the pieces as patterns to cut your leather. Those cheap floppy canvas hats make great patterns for cool leather bush hats.

Eventually you will want to buy better pieces or larger pieces like half or full sides from places like Tandy Leather.

Tandy offers classes in tooling and dying if that's your thing.

At some point you can visit thrift stores and garage sales for super cheap garment grade leather.

I've even used large rawhide dog bones soaked in warm water and disassembled for a different type of effect.

Learn as you go. Leather grade and tanning techniques make a difference when selecting what to make. YouTube is your friend.

I'm here if you have questions. Phone Post 3.0

OK, I can get started with $20. That's not bad.

How far will that get me? I've been looking on line for the past 10 minutes and it looks like a money sink to make anything worthwhile to be honest. When I say limited funds, I mean seriously limited lol. I am about to get rid of cable and internet.

twunt - 

lol twunt before I quit I made a stamina set of gear with some of that leatherworking leg armor and had more HP than anyone else I had ever seen. And more agility than any lock I had ever seen!

Mihow -
twunt -
LOL Phone Post 3.0
giggles Phone Post 3.0

twunt -
Lmao. Phone Post 3.0

If only enchanting was real

OP, I will post pics of everything I made with one remnant bag.

It's only a sink if you want if to be. Depends in what you want to make. If you start getting good with sheathes you will have dudes lining up to buy customs to fit their edged items. Axes are pretty sought after.

If you must have quality gator or kangaroo with red python accents then you're in for it. Minus well cut off the power and gas while you're at it.

If you use creative means of acquiring materials then you'll enjoy it on the cheap Phone Post 3.0