i need a little help to what my style should be...

ok im right handed so my power hand is my right hand, but im south paw... so im confused i have a problem i power hand is in the front. im 17 and ive been amatuer boxer for 7 months now. my trainers have no idea what to do with me. they havent seen a boxer with this before. im 5'10 155 pounds im tall and lean. what should my main punch be a jab? im just wondering all of this cause my power hand is in the front so i got no idea what to do. please give me suggestions on what to do my foot work is good also. what kind of boxer should i be puncher brawler outside inside. what? please give me suggestions guys id grately appreciate all information. or if u know of any pro boxers that have this problem.

Learn how to throw your left hand.

Why did you start off fighting southpaw?

Either practice learning to throw your left hand or switch your stance.

Your trainers obviously suck if they have no idea what to do with you.

BTW, De La hoya and Marco Antonio Barrera are two left handed orthodox fighters who fight with their power hand up front.

yes my trainers i do not think are the best to be honest... and i started off fighting southpaw because its the stance that came natural to me honestly. i started off southpaw i found out when i tried riding a skateboard the first time i was south paw. but everyones main punch should be a jab ofcourse i know this mate. but do u think i should use my jab like ali? i know thats a far shot and im no muhammad ali lol jw

I've never heard of a guy developing a style in 7 months. A style implies you pick certain skills, strategies or approaches over others, but you need to spend years learning boxing before you have enough to make those choices IMO.

I can't imagine starting in the wrong lead. Beyond the jab the first thing a guy usually learns is the cross. Generally it takes a long time to develop a lead hook, some guys never develop it. And there are a lot less opportunities to land it than a cross. Seems like a waste of your power hand until you develop that lead hook which takes a longer time.

Find a good trainer and switch stances.

idk south paw feels more natural to me scoup, so naturaly i stand like that and it just happens that my power hand got stuck in front. does this meen im doomed at failure? and have u ever hurd of a boxer with this problem or setup?

do not give this obvious troll a serious answer

fear of a black planet im not trolling. i know im not muhamad ali but wasnt his main punch his jab like he used it the whole fight alot right? so i knows its a slim show but since my power hand is infront wouldnt that be good?

Joe Ray -

BTW, De La hoya and Marco Antonio Barrera are two left handed orthodox fighters who fight with their power hand up front.
Miguel Cotto is another one iirc.

I'd consider staying southpaw, as long as you can develop decent power in the left cross. A good leftie gives every opponent nightmares.

Feels better is not a good reason to do anything when you start out. Listen to your trainer. Maybe that's why they don't know what to do with you, because your not listening but doing what you want or feels better.

yah onescoup i agree but when i was saying all this i didnt meen my left punch is not good lol i think yall misread that my left punch still has sting. and damage capability my left hand is faster so i use it when they get in the pocket to tag them and back them out and then i push off and start landing jabs and jolts and and im 3 and 0 in ammauter since they only last 3 rounds i just go for the points i make it interesting i made one corner throw in the towel cause he was bleeding from the nose and eye alot... but since its 3 rounds in ammatuer i can land tons of jabs scoup you think this is a good style for ammauter and while im in ammatuer i can make this style stronger for later on in my boxing???

edit: i live in georgia as u all know georgia is not known to much for there boxers lol thats why in the late 60s or early 70s muhammad ali came here cause there was no boxing commision lol... so i meen not to much training oppurtunities here but i live in south georgia far away from atlanta so i cant go there to train at all im only 17 i can drive got a car. i live 1 mile from the georgia florida border 45 mins from jaxsonville

I would stick to what works. There are many different styles of boxing base on genetics...and personal preference etc...do u have any vids?

i dont have any vids of me i might be able to take some pics of me in my stance like 4 pics of like my front/left/back/and right side yall can analyze my stance and hand placement and that might do a little.

"edit: i live in georgia as u all know georgia is not known to much for there boxers lol thats why in the late 60s or early 70s muhammad ali came here cause there was no boxing commision lol... so i meen not to much training oppurtunities here but i live in south georgia far away from atlanta so i cant go there to train at all im only 17 i can drive got a car. i live 1 mile from the georgia florida border 45 mins from jaxsonville "

Shut the fuck up.

who is this?

I know you don't really live here, troll.

black ur a damn dick head stfu and go flame somewhere else if i was trolling u would of fucking known ur a dang dickhole please leave my thread im trying to get help.

well I live in the same place as you, so I can help you since you are not trolling.

really? were at man i live in camden?

I live camden also? who are your trainers?