I need a LOT of help, please!

Ok, so when i joined MMA.tv I was really taking care of myself and I was training a little. Then I went through a divorce and over the last year I have lost a majority of my muscle mass/stamina/lung function/etc. etc.

As some of you know I have Cystic Fibrosis. When I was married I had a more stable life, so it was easy to take care of myself. Well, on Thursday I will be going back into the hospital :( My lung function dropped from 80% down to 60%. I have to make a serious life change in order to prolong my life and make my quality of life better. So, I just need some suggestions on training. I've been out of the game for over a year. Im out of shape and hurting bad, so I don't really know a good way to start back up.

I'm going on long term disability after I get out of the hospital. My doctor wants me to take between 3-4 months off of work to get myself back together. I know that the single best way to do this is a ton of excercise and training. Also training may give me back the motivation that I once had.

as far as supplements I already take

Multi, E, C, caltrate D, B complex, Fish Oil

I also have a 5 lb. container of CytoSport Whey Protein that I will mix with fresh fruits and nuts at some point each day, Im open to suggestions as to the best time to take it.

I feel like an idiot because all the knowledge I had before seems to have been lost and I don't know why lol.

So any suggestions on training, specific excercises, supplements, and diet will be GREATLY APPRECIATED.

Since I will have alot of time off I plan on being at the gym (I have a Gold's membership) at least 4 to 5 times a week. I want to start training either BJJ or MMA again, and I will also be doing Yoga in the mornings to help with deep breathing and flexibility.

Thanks in advance guys.

Tony

If lung capacity is the biggest worry you have, I would put developing that first in your training. Have you ever tried swimming?

If you feel you are capable, taku's intervals will get you into shape fast. If they might be a bit much right now, look into them later own the road.

Best of luck in this!

Well, the lung capacity has to do with my CF. As I get into better shape and improve my endurance/stamina the lung function will increase.  Swimming is good, but my Golds doesnt have a pool.

I've heard alot from you guys about Taku's training, where can I find it?

What does your doctor recommend?

To be completely honest, my doctors don't know the first thing about nutrition, much less sports nutrition or training!

I remember a "nutrition" expert telling me recently that I need to take vitamin E because it was "fat soluble" and that meant I would gain weight! LOL!!!!!! I explained to her that I needed to take vitamin E because when I had a blood panel I was low on E, and that "fat soluble" means that your body needs a certain amount of fat to dissolve it as opposed to a water-soluble. She looked at me like I was crazy.

All they understand is that a year and a half ago, I was in the best shape of my life. I was working out at least 3 days a week, doing a good bit of cardio, 2 days of boxing, and at least 1 day of grappling/mma. Now Im at the lowest point of my adult life as far as my health is concerned. Im only 25 and Its time for me to face facts and take care of myself, or face the consequences.

I just wanted a few opinions on a good way to jump start my heart!

You can find Taku's intervals at "trainforstrength.com"