I need a plumbing help!

For any plumbers here. My pvc pipe off of my well pump sprung a leak at the seams. The next day a flood took out a bridge that killed our water for a week. I fixed the pvc leak but now that we have water from the city confirmed all water faucets in the house have nothing coming out. I do get a steady supply of water coming out of the drain line after the well pump… I see multiple valves that I guess could be clogged or something. I just have no clue what I’m doing. First plumber I called tried to rip me off selling a pump for 2300 when all I needed was 20 bucks worth of Pvc. Any ideas?

I have city water so I’m assuming the pump and tank are for extra pressure

1 Like

Bumping for DaveFu, he checks mold and eats ass, this is right up his alley

1 Like

I’m really confused about this whole situation period. How did a bridge take out your water?

Don’t have much for you but have you checked the main water shut off?

Edited to say that I’m not a plumber.

1 Like

Unscrew the pipe thing and pull the hair out.

1 Like

I’m not entirely sure what you are asking. Please rephrase as one of us cannot understand the shit you typed.

1 Like

use a drain bladder to unclog it. youre welcome

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=YgDHLUKcczM

1 Like

@Plumbers_Crack any thoughts here?

2 Likes

Confused with what’s going on.

You have both well water and city water? Now the well water is out and you want to use city water?

If so there must be a selector valve somewhere to switch between the two.

So keep in mind I’m no plumber… I’m on city water. The house has an additional pump with a wel flo tank as well. I’ve been told that it was added on to get more water pressure upstairs. City water was off for over a week bc of flood damage taking out lines… I repaired a leak as well around the same time. Water is back on, the gauge on the pump reads 30 psi so the house is getting water now, no faucets have any pressure anywhere. The drain next to the downstairs pump and water heater does have flow, only spot in the the house. I have video of the setup on my phone

1 Like

I’m not sure this applies bc the toilets flush and everything drains fine… just no water pressure throughout the house. Like I said the pump downstairs has a gauge, that gauge says 30psi and the drain next to it flows… could be as simple as a bad valve above it or clogged I just don’t know how to really check it

1 Like

" Check Low Pressure Switch

In many cases, the cause of a well pump not working after a power outage is the low-pressure switch turned off. This is because if you use water when your power is out, the water pressure in the tank drops below the minimum setting. When this happens, the well pump turns off automatically to prevent damage to it. This prevents you from running the well pump when it is dry, which can lead to severe damage, and you would likely have to have the well pump replaced.

Look on the pressure tank and you will see a cover. Under this cover is the pressure switch. Before you do anything turn the breaker off to the well pump. Remove the cover carefully and you will see a lever. If the lever is down, then the pressure switch is turned off. Use a pair of pliers to carefully lift the lever until you hear the water pump start.

The pressure on the pressure gauge should also be at the right level. What this level is depends on the type of well pump you have. Refer to the owner’s manual to determine this information.

Once the pressure is at the right level put the cover back on and check the water inside your home to ensure it is working. It may take a few minutes for your water pressure to come back to normal."

1 Like

When I turn the breaker back on the pump works… but it seems to run continuously at 60 psi or so… I felt like it might damage itself so I turned it off. Even without the pump shouldn’t I have some water pressure throughout the house? I have zero coming out the faucets.

1 Like

https://inspectapedia.com/plumbing/Pump_Runs_On.php

1 Like

This is good info I’ll dig in tonight. The reason I wasn’t focused on the pump or switch is bc I assumed water pressure would still be there without using it at all. Thank you for posting that

1 Like

Just to be clear: you have city water that runs through a booster pump?

You have 60psi at the inlet for the pump?
That seems pretty high; like you wouldnt need a booster pump if you are getting 60psi from the city.

Bankable is correct, there is probably a low pressure switch that tripped when city water went down, but i would imagine that you would still get water at city pressure. Hopefully the fix is as simple a pushing a button.

Doublecheck that someone did not turn a valve somewhere just before the pump too.

1 Like

No the gauge on the pump says 30 when it’s not running… pumps up to around 60 when I turn it on. I’ll check the switch tonight. But like you said I would still assume there would be city pressure at 30 coming out the faucet. I left all the faucets open and let that drain line beside the pump flow into the yard for ten minutes thinking maybe there was an air pocket but nothing. Above the drain are a few valves that are all the way to the left, not sure how to tell if they are clogged or not functioning

1 Like

if you can post a picture of the setup then someone here or myself can probably help you. This place is full of weird smart people.

1 Like

I have a video of the setup I’m just not sure how to share

1 Like

Isn’t 60psi normal ?

What I’m saying is the gauge says 60 psi when the pump runs, 30 when it doesn’t…but I have no water coming out any of the faucets

1 Like