I need help with creating a riddle!

I need help with homework!

I have to try to map out a structure to a riddle, but creating the riddle. It's for a dumb community college class my old lady signed me up for.

So, I have to come up with an original riddle. Then, I have to like show what it's structure is. I just fucking googled "structure of a riddle" and it said there IS NO STRUCTURE!

What the hell am I supposed to do? I know this is the OG, but I'm HOPING like hell one of you smart mother fuckers can help me come up with something, because I got nothing.

Ok, so the instructions are basically, original riddle, demonstrate / write out the the structure.

The riddle must include that the person smart enough to solve the riddle would be able to receive some set of instructions. Those people that could solve the riddle would REALLY want to have those instructions.

So, I don't know if it's like part riddle and those hunts, what are they called, scavenger hunt. Like a mix.

This is really important, please help you 2.

God ^&**$# it!!

I forgot that it also has to be something like a "layered" approach. The teacher said think about inception, but then turn that into a riddle. Great, thanks Mr. "Couldn't get a job at a real University." That just didn't make it 10 times harder (and for a continue education credit...this isn't real college lol).

So, like a riddle within a riddle, it's a game theory thing where the person has to be led to the instructions. This will be very important.

Roses are red
Inception was pretty good
I liked that one chick
I definitely wood

I'd start by consulting the course resources rather than google.

^ That's the extent of my riddle talent.

Wait, that was a fucking poem, not a riddle.

You know that moment when you just made yourself a fool in front of thousands of people? Yeah, feel that...it circulates....it's a process really...hormonal secretions, panic and then you remember.

I'm 49 and Noooooo - Fucks - Given

Give me a hand guys! I'm potato on this.

BarkLikeADog - I'd start by consulting the course resources rather than google.

That's the thing..it's some new weird learning technique that we're being the guinea pigs on. The idea is to try to be resourceful and figure it out with as little hand holding as possible.

I get it. It's actually a really cool exercise, but I've just never been good with jokes and I've never told a riddle. Look at what I wrote above--I thought I was writing a riddle and after realized it was a poem.

That's me on full potato.

Start with the answer and work your way backwards. For example, the answer could be an animal, a structure, a famous person... Now add an adjective or a verb to them. A dancing lion, a purple church with wings, 'the rock' riding a donkey.
Now try to think of something that looks or sounds similar to your answer and the rest will come. I also have no idea what I'm talking about and good luck

Maybe create a sentence about a person doing something but in that sentence have his name hidden in there somewhere and people have to guess the name.

Google says to pick your answer first, then build the riddle around it.

Step 1 - answer: dildo

Step 2 - brainstorm, and write down every word that comes to your mind when you think about the word dildo

Step 3 - pick three of your brainstorm words, then find synonyms for them in a thesaurus

Step 4 - insert your answer in your butt

Example: Envy, replacement, pleasure. If you're a man, you don't want to find it in your wife's drawer. If you're a woman, you'd want one during a dry spell.

Or something. Good luck.

DREXp - Start with the answer and work your way backwards. For example, the answer could be an animal, a structure, a famous person... Now add an adjective or a verb to them. A dancing lion, a purple church with wings, 'the rock' riding a donkey.
Now try to think of something that looks or sounds similar to your answer and the rest will come. I also have no idea what I'm talking about and good luck

Ok! Yeah! But the answer has to be instructions. You have to pretend it's really important that you threat that into the riddle. And remember,,,,layers.

Then I'd have the registrar move me to a course where they aren't experimenting with me on my dime.

DREXp - Maybe create a sentence about a person doing something but in that sentence have his name hidden in there somewhere and people have to guess the name.

Ooh, that's very nice. Ok, so how would you do that? Like you're Drex...so like this maybe?

Do rats eat xtacy? (first initial of each word??)

That's a really primitive example, but I need that element for sure! It kind of gives a mystery element!

Amos Moses - Google says to pick your answer first, then build the riddle around it.

Step 1 - answer: dildo

Step 2 - brainstorm, and write down every word that comes to your mind when you think about the word dildo

Step 3 - pick three of your brainstorm words, then find synonyms for them in a thesaurus

Step 4 - insert your answer in your butt

Example: Envy, replacement, pleasure. If you're a man, you don't want to find it in your wife's drawer. If you're a woman, you'd want one during a dry spell.

Or something. Good luck.

Did you seriously just do THAT from google? I saw a link that said there is no structure.

Ok, but did you include the elements? Remember, we need instructions as the answer.

The dildo, when finally found, stuff in my butt, would have a capsule inside, with instructions for the person that really needed to read that.

Jambo888 - 
paradigmer -
DREXp - Start with the answer and work your way backwards. For example, the answer could be an animal, a structure, a famous person... Now add an adjective or a verb to them. A dancing lion, a purple church with wings, 'the rock' riding a donkey.

Ok! Yeah! But the answer has to be instructions. You have to pretend it's really important that you threat that into the riddle. And remember,,,,layers.

The answer has to be instructions?

Yes, I was in disbelief when he threw that part in.

So, I'm supposed to not only write a riddle, I have to have it lead to instructions and there has to be some element of like layer within layer whatever the hell that means.

paradigmer -
DREXp - Maybe create a sentence about a person doing something but in that sentence have his name hidden in there somewhere and people have to guess the name.

Ooh, that's very nice. Ok, so how would you do that? Like you're Drex...so like this maybe?

That's a really primitive example, but I need that element for sure! It kind of gives a mystery element!
The knight put on his armour
AND REW out his sword.

His names andrew

BarkLikeADog - Then I'd have the registrar move me to a course where they aren't experimenting with me on my dime.

No shit!

And I'm a bit of a loner...not too social guy with my PTSD after the war. I really rely on the OG alot for help with companionship. And now I need homework help! It's weird, some things I get actually really easily, so I'm not all potato.

But every time I try to understand the stock market and how to do a little bit of investing, I go back into potato zone. It's like my brain picks and chooses which kinds of things it's ok with learning.

Ok, a layer, inception, clue riddle..

Disbeliever was a mod
But then

Wait, that's a poem again.

start with the answer...

Ok,,,,hold on

shit. I'm drawing a blank.

DREXp - 
paradigmer -

AND REW out his sword.

His names andrew

Nice!

But is it like a typo then???? We try to pull it off as a typo?

Because it doesn't have the "d."

What about

Then the hobo said, "What I wouldn't do for a pair of dimes right about now."

pair of dimes

paradigm

paradigmer

maybe?

Ragnarr Loðbrók - 

The riddle is your brain.

Some people do not like the connection.

It scares them, and they lash out with poison.

Um, I'm pretty sure that's Haiku. lol

But isn't Haiku 5-7-5?

paradigmer -
DREXp - 
paradigmer -

AND REW out his sword.

His names andrew

Nice!

But is it like a typo then???? We try to pull it off as a typo?

Because it doesn't have the "d."

What about

Then the hobo said, "What I wouldn't do for a pair of dimes right about now."

pair of dimes

paradigm

paradigmer

maybe?
Society's pair of dimes/parigdim is not enough for my son to eat, my PATTERNal instincts will only help him survive for so long.

Not a great example but maybe put some other words in there that relate to your answer.

I'm trying to figure it out, but it's like a "wheel within a wheel."

Ok, now nobody has answered the next part. Not sure if anyone here knows about "game theory?"

So how would you structure the game theory component of the riddle to make sure that the person/people that really needed to get the instructions--do, in fact get the instructions?

What if the riddle didn't catch their eye?

Ok, what if a riddle could be composed to attract a specific person. Inspire specifically that person to try to solve it. Their attraction would be organic, natural to them...but it was actually the result of a strategy. The subject matter, meter, all that stuff.

You'd have to know enough about that person first I guess to be able to night something to attract them. Tough course.