i played GTA 4 xbox360 version. my thoughts

played the xbox360 version at my friends house.

first of all never much of a GTA fan. thought the games are highly overated.

anyway played the game for about 1 hour.

+ intro is awesome. very nice setup.
+ animation of cars. well done although not as much detail as i would hope. but the physics are great.
+ animation of characters are also very nice done. although some times it reacts stiff with other objects.
+ city feels alive. it is a rare feeling if walking through a city that feels so much alive. same kind of feeling oblivion felt and shen mue like.
+ voice acting. is very nice. it really gives these charters life.

- the graphics. all the buildings are low res textures. at first you are not bothered with it to much. but wait till you step into the car and drive, the whole background becomes blurry. like one of the first race games on the xbox1. ( forgot the name of that game )
- charter detail. flat, flatter then flat. almost no detail in faces.

Overall. i am impressed with the game experience. however the graphics are unimpressive. if the game would be made for the PS3 only. the buildings could all have been High Res. more charter detail. it is a shame the game gets hold back because the xbox360 has dvd only.

ah well lucky for US ps3 owners we can look forward to The Getaway, which will have enough space for high res textures for the buildings because of bluray.

redeye,

Anyword on when the Getaway is coming out? I have been waiting for it but I have not heard anything. Thanks for the review of GTA 4. I am looking forward to getting it.

I saw an article somewhere where some rockstar dev was said something to the effect of "GTA5 may be too big for 360". Im amazed redeye hasnt started a thread about it.

I hope you notified the police that your friend pirated the game.

"if the game would be made for the PS3 only. the buildings could all have been High Res."

Except PS3 doesn't have the RAM for it, the Blu-Ray isn't fast enough to stream it, and a full install would take up most of the hard drive. Three strikes, yer outta there!

redeye, is the game a rinse and repeat of the others?

"some rockstar dev was said something to the effect of "GTA5 may be too big for 360"."

It's definitely possible. Although it's worth pointing out that GTA;San Andreas, by far the biggest GTA, actually took up less space on the disc than Vice City.

The bulk of the space is taken by all the audio, by the way.

orcus -  I hope you notified the police that your friend pirated the game.

I hope this comment was a joke. Who would rat out a friend?

It's a joke. Redeye continually threatens me with reporting for my supposed game piracy.

And lol @ GTA being "over-rated" from a guy who creamed over Ridge Racer 6.05 on PS3.

orcus -  It's a joke. Redeye continually threatens me with reporting for my supposed game piracy.
And lol @ GTA being "over-rated" from a guy who creamed over Ridge Racer 6.05 on PS3.

LOL. I should have known you were being sarcastic. I don't hit the game boards enough, so I miss some things.

since when have GTA games been about graphics?

Considering the scope of the game... I think it looks great.

It's been on newsgroups since yesterday.

Is it hard to track someone that uses newsgroups?

It's impossible. The usenet services (newshosting, usenetserver, etc) do not keep logs of what is being downloaded by whom.

be careful tho, dont play the game on a 360 with XBox live...MS will fuck you for it and can track you by achievements you may earn prior to the games release!

orcus -  It's impossible. The usenet services (newshosting, usenetserver, etc) do not keep logs of what is being downloaded by whom.

Thanks. I am behind the curve on knowing about stuff like this.

how the fuck would anyone get their hands on a copy?

It also shipped to retail either last Thursday or Friday (I think Friday), so anyone working at a game shop could have some sticky hands and there you go.

i do not rat out people. if i wanted, i could have ratted out orcus a longtime ago.

and yeah i have friends who play copied games on their xbox360. 99% of them do.

however their is 1 very big difference.

these guys also have PS3 and they buy the top games on the PS3. since we can all play against each other. so games like COD4. rainbow vegas, army of two etc they all buy it on ps3.

so basicly they use the xbox360 to check if the game is alright. if it is. they buy the ps3 version so we can play against each other.

logical too. since all their xbox360 are banned lol

^^ I LOL @noob modders who get banned from Live.

I just want to state for the record, that redeye's goal of logging on and shitting on microsoft as much as possible, is the gheyest thing I've witnessed on the OG.