I quit drinking coffee

I have IBS and it sucks. The latest diet change that I have had to make was to stop drinking coffee. Before I starting cutting back a couple weeks ago I was drinking about 3-5 cups a day. Wednesday was the last day I had coffee. Thursday sucked ass. I was tired and felt like shit. Yesterday was a little better, and today I actually feel ok. To be honest I thought it would take longer for me to get used to it so I am pretty happy with how it is going.  I quit soda years ago so now I am 100% caffeine free.

1 Like

Well.... I'm drinking coffee right meow! 

3 Likes

Nice man i did the same recently due to some anxiety issues i was having and surprisingly had no issues or withdrawals upon cessation but im weird im like thay with everything even harder drugs lol. I was a heavy coffee drinker too used to have as many as 5 cups a day. Now j just drink green tea which has a small amount of caffeine but is much healthier. Just look up some of thr health benefits. Cheers buddy and keep it up. I feel way better without it.

Now stop the marijuanas

5 Likes

Bam57Bam -

Well.... I'm drinking coffee right meow! 

I'm just drinking...

I too have IBS and have tried various diets and restrictions. I’ll try this myself.

Any other recommendations?

Passive Jay -

I have IBS and it sucks. The latest diet change that I have had to make was to stop drinking coffee. Before I starting cutting back a couple weeks ago I was drinking about 3-5 cups a day. Wednesday was the last day I had coffee. Thursday sucked ass. I was tired and felt like shit. Yesterday was a little better, and today I actually feel ok. To be honest I thought it would take longer for me to get used to it so I am pretty happy with how it is going.  I quit soda years ago so now I am 100% caffeine free.

What did you replace the soda with? I tend to go to tea but most of that has just as much sugar.

mulder68 -

I too have IBS and have tried various diets and restrictions. I’ll try this myself.

Have you tried a low fodmap diet?

https://www.ibsdiets.org/fodmap-diet/fodmap-food-list/

I stopped all caffeine, def helped my stomach as well.  

mulder68 - 

6 letters bro

F.O.D.M.A.P.

If you don't know about it Gopogle

Lt_Fop -
Passive Jay -

What did you replace the soda with? I tend to go to tea but most of that has just as much sugar.

Water. All I drink now is water. 

Weed fucks with your shits too.

Shitty. I was diagnosed with severe ulcerative colitis about 13 years ago. They gave me a huge list of what seemed to be every kind of food I ate or drank and said to avoid these items. On meds for the rest of my life for it.

I seem to be one of the lucky ones with it though. I eat and drink whatever I want. Coffee, booze, fatty foods, etc. Once in a great while I'll get a flare up but nothing too significant. 

Do you take a good probiotic? My coworker said it helped his IBS significantly when he started taking one

sicko -

Do you take a good probiotic? My coworker said it helped his IBS significantly when he started taking one

yup. I take a probiotic and prescription medication from my doctor. It helps some but I still have issues. For example I am having stomach cramps right now despite not eating anything that is supposed to set off my IBS. It is pretty frustrating but since I am doing everything I can to not have issues I guess I have to accept that I will be in pain most of the time. 

Passive Jay -
Lt_Fop -
Passive Jay -

Water. All I drink now is water. 

Thank you

Good luck PJ. I’ve quit a few times to try and control acid reflux. Some headaches but the physical withdrawals weren’t too bad. For me it was the taste and routine that I missed. I love the taste of coffee, and I really enjoyed the morning routine of making it, anticipating it while it brewed, and then relaxing with a hot beverage. I also really liked the contrast of drinking a bitter beverage with a baked good for dessert. 

Currently I’m in a coffee drinking phase, but I’ll probably cycle off again in a few months. 

if you can stay off it, it’s probably best not to be a slave to a beverage. Good luck.

I quit cream and sugar and cut back to a pot a day. I was drinking 2 or more 12 cup pots every day for years. Often finishing a pot before work started. I feel way more energetic throughout the day with less coffee...

Irrational bowel syndrome?  Yeah stop with the weed , fren.  That shit does you no good

Stronghold -

Irrational bowel syndrome?  Yeah stop with the weed , fren.  That shit does you no good

Doesnt marijuana actually act in a way that settles your stomach. 

That's why its prescribe to people with IBS and a crohn's?