i report for fed jury duty next week...

Got a summons in the mail about 6 weeks ago, and despite my attempts to get exempted from it, I have to show up on thursday morning for the selection process.  Normally i wouldn't mind doing jury duty if it was a 1 or 2 day thing, but this one is "anticipated to extend for a duration of 16 days."  Keep in mind those are 16 business days, Tuesdays thru fridays, so this shit is expected to finish June 6.  

How can they expect that normal people with families and jobs can just take 4 weeks of work off for $40/day.  This is crazy.  What kinds of things should i say during the interview to get out of this?

Tell them you think rape is jus surprise sex. Phone Post 3.0

$40/day??? Holy shit I had no idea it was that low. Phone Post 3.0

You such and such is a judge lawyer or cop Phone Post 3.0

Pretty sure your job has to pay you Phone Post

I got a summons like 3 years ago around the time of the Jodie Arias trial that wanted me for something like 30 business days.  I was taking some classes at a university at that time so they excused me, but they want me again.

I'm thinking I'll just go in and tell them I'm racist and a that i hate all cops etc. etc. 

Is that the way to go?

Oppsicrappedmypants - 

Pretty sure your job has to pay you Phone Post

Talked with HR at work, they don't have to pay me, they just cant terminate me due to absence for it.  They give paid jury duty leave for 2 days at my work, and after that point i have to either use my vacation time or take unpaid time off.

I had to do federal jury duty in California, the trial went for 15 business days, had to stay in a hotel, ended in a hung jury lol Phone Post 3.0

Dude, just piss and shit yourself in front of everyone and you'll be off the jury in no time.

For total assurance you can jerk one off on the judges gavel Phone Post 3.0

"Is there anything that would prevent you from serving as a juror?"

"Only if the defendant is a BLACK GUY!!!" Phone Post 3.0

Try that and see if it works Phone Post 3.0

I was DQ'd from jury duty because I admitted to having had sex in public, so you could always just blurt that out and see how it goes. Phone Post 3.0

Unless I get a summons they get thrown in the garbage,they cant prove I received it.

Ugghhh ,,, oh how shitty..::;; I hate jury duty.. Was the worst,,,, Phone Post 3.0

99 out of 100 fed court is insurance company A vs insurance company B both trying to fuck some poor sap over.

My fellow jurors were dumb, I knew they were gonna fuck it up .. 2 days of deliberation for a hung jury ...
The old dude foreman convinced the morons that we served with , that we were gonna prosecute the wrong guy...
Everyone bought into it,,, so I looked like the asshole holding out...
1 month later, dude gets arrested of the same shit , to the same person ...
Then I run into one of my fellow jurors who tried to blame the old man :::: fucking mess

Unnnnhhhggh Phone Post 3.0

rustyshakleford - My fellow jurors were dumb, I knew they were gonna fuck it up .. 2 days of deliberation for a hung jury ...
The old dude foreman convinced the morons that we served with , that we were gonna prosecute the wrong guy...
Everyone bought into it,,, so I looked like the asshole holding out...
1 month later, dude gets arrested of the same shit , to the same person ...
Then I run into one of my fellow jurors who tried to blame the old man :::: fucking mess

Unnnnhhhggh Phone Post 3.0
My experience with a hung jury has scared me if heaven forbid I ever have to have a jury trial, too many idiots in the world Phone Post 3.0